Peterhead. Season 23-24

Apparently the referee for our cup tie against Dundee United is the same one who refereed our last game against them in Dundee. He was not very popular with our players that day and it makes you wonder why he would be appointed to the same fixture once again. Is there a shortage of referees or what.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/referees/referee-appointments/

On 13/10/2023 at 17:44, Blue-Toon said:

Apparently the referee for our cup tie against Dundee United is the same one who refereed our last game against them in Dundee. He was not very popular with our players that day and it makes you wonder why he would be appointed to the same fixture once again. Is there a shortage of referees or what.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/referees/referee-appointments/

At least he was consistant he was shite in both games

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

What's the drainage like at Balmoor? The forecast leading up to Saturday includes a lot of rain, does it usually handle it ok?

Usually not a problem, the wind blows the water away 😆. Cant remember Balmoor ever having a game off for waterlogging, wind or snow have taken a few. It is a grass pitch & a very good one at that.

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Usually not a problem, the wind blows the water away 😆. Cant remember Balmoor ever having a game off for waterlogging, wind or snow have taken a few. It is a grass pitch & a very good one at that.

Cheers, wind looks like about 25mph which shouldn't be a problem, but it reminds me of spending about 4.5 hours getting to Fraserburgh by train and bus to find the game postponed at 2.55 because of a mental gale. :lol:

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Wind now forecast at 42 mph, no idea if that it too much for fitba..

Mind we had a game abandoned because of wind v Annan the keeper was struggling to clear his box with goal kicks, the final thing was when placing the ball for corner or free kicks the ball would blow away. Worked out ok for me as was in hospitality so got it again for free when replayed so got fed again and we won😜

BTW Peterhead has to be the laziest Google mapped place I've ever been to, getting from the Harbour Lights to Bailies was a nightmare, walking in and out of industrial estates to find a place maybe 50 yards away. Old driving directions are intact from decades ago, but nothing for pedestrians. I know, buy a fucking town map! 😅 

I was a bit surprised at the 500 plus attendance for today, I assume non attending season ticket holders had to pay and weren't counted for a Cup game? Maybe I'm just not used to the numbers that 2 seated stands can hold, but was thinking more like 300.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was a bit surprised at the 500 plus attendance for today, I assume non attending season ticket holders had to pay and weren't counted for a Cup game? Maybe I'm just not used to the numbers that 2 seated stands can hold, but was thinking more like 300.

All cup games are included in our season tickets.

Hope you enjoyed your trip, if not the result.

Edited by strichener

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WHAT.A.SIGNING

Pawlett was on top of my summer signings list for us. He's top class, even at the age he is. IF he stays fit he will destroy L2.

Rory will be thinking all his birthdays have come together after seeing his announcement

Edited by CoveRangers1922

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

WHAT.A.SIGNING

Pawlett was on top of my summer signings list for us. He's top class, even at the age he is. IF he stays fit he will destroy L2.

Rory will be thinking all his birthdays have come together after seeing his announcement

The word "if" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here!

19 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The word "if" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here!

Yes is injury prone to put it lightly, however, he's outstanding and way above L2 level. Should be a real threat and will add more goals to Peterhead and assists for Rory and Shanks.

Turning 33 next month so not geriatric either.

He's going to need to go some to catch your Warriors side who look in imperious form and have established a commanding lead at the top of L2.

It's very good business for Petehead nonetheless and will boost their promotion hopes even if that looks to be via the playoffs 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I may be scarred from Craig Bryson but I'm not overly convinced about this one.

Good name on paper but he hasn't played since May? His main attribute was his rapid pace I can't see him still having that at pushing 33 and with bad injuries behind him. If he was still at the level he has operated at most of his career and has a lot to offer still then why is he going to Peterhead in League 2?

Let's see how it goes but I wouldn't be overly surprised if this bombed.

Time will tell if this is a good signing, but shows great ambition from Ryan & Jordon. Well done on a good bit of business, you've set a high bar!!