The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Have to laugh at that. Even if nothing else comes of it now that is some sensational underhanded tactics. Get anyone's eye off the ball for a game or two and you could well be back in the race for the title.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

hahah wtf are the club playing at?

Smacks of when we 'tried' to sign Arfield, Hammel and Murphy.

At least it's entertaining following Accies. 

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Here's a novelty. If your new owner has cash pay Rankin off get a manager who might get a better tune out the squad you have. Just an observation given you don't want him there anyway. 

That would be my scenario being honest.

11 hours ago, Accies1 said:

Smacks of when we 'tried' to sign Arfield, Hammel and Murphy.

At least it's entertaining following Accies. 

It was Andy Dorman from St Mirren rather than Hammell.

44 minutes ago, Beckford said:

IF the reports are accurate, this is surely a piss poor attempt at mind games. How could anyone think this could turn out well for the club and our reputation. 

The thing which is surprising me the most about this is it seems like some of our fans actually support it and think it's actually going to effect Falkirk. Instead it's going to put more pressure on us and we'll look like mugs when all of those players are still at Falkirk on the 1st February and could look even worse if we lose next month against them. Falkirk fans and even the rest of Scottish football are finding this hilarious. If we are still in league 1 next season the players coaching team and board really need to learn about taking it 1 game at a time rather than focusing on the team above us and mentioning them the full season. Rankin said a couple of weeks ago he doesn't check league tables but has mentioned Falkirk in the press a number of times since. And every week there's another article out about a player talking about how we're going to catch Falkirk or saying it's still possible. The only time you see a Falkirk player or McGlynn mentioning us is when they're about to play us the club really needs to learn. 

11 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

The thing which is surprising me the most about this is it seems like some of our fans actually support it and think it's actually going to effect Falkirk. Instead it's going to put more pressure on us and we'll look like mugs when all of those players are still at Falkirk on the 1st February and could look even worse if we lose next month against them. Falkirk fans and even the rest of Scottish football are finding this hilarious. If we are still in league 1 next season the players coaching team and board really need to learn about taking it 1 game at a time rather than focusing on the team above us and mentioning them the full season. Rankin said a couple of weeks ago he doesn't check league tables but has mentioned Falkirk in the press a number of times since. And every week there's another article out about a player talking about how we're going to catch Falkirk or saying it's still possible. The only time you see a Falkirk player or McGlynn mentioning us is when they're about to play us the club really needs to learn. 

👍

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Very Fair post. Surely this article will have a negative affect on your attackers rather than ours?

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

If we are still in league 1 next season the players coaching team and board really need to learn about taking it 1 game at a time rather than focusing on the team above us and mentioning them the full season.

Fair summary although I can’t say I agree with this bit to my mind outside of normal paper talk about a title challenge this is the first time we’ve went about focusing on and discussing the Falkirk team so openly in the press.

In my view up until now the board have done the exact opposite and not given Falkirk much of a thought, this was confirmed at the fans forum when we were advised the players were shot down and told to focus on the rest of the league when asking for a double win bonus or whatever if they beat Falkirk in the recent game. Additionally they basically confirmed they aren’t adjusting Rankin’s ‘KPIs’ even with Falkirk well over performing what we expected.

The board have seen Falkirks result and went in two footed in a piss poor mind game in the hope we can create a title race again. I agree some of our fans are daft for praising them as it just looks very stupid on our part.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Fair summary although I can’t say I agree with this bit to my mind outside of normal paper talk about a title challenge this is the first time we’ve went about focusing on and discussing the Falkirk team so openly in the press.

In my view up until now the board have done the exact opposite and not given Falkirk much of a thought, this was confirmed at the fans forum when we were advised the players were shot down and told to focus on the rest of the league when asking for a double win bonus or whatever if they beat Falkirk in the recent game. Additionally they basically confirmed they aren’t adjusting Rankin’s ‘KPIs’ even with Falkirk well over performing what we expected.

The board have seen Falkirks result and went in two footed in a piss poor mind game in the hope we can create a title race again. I agree some of our fans are daft for praising them as it just looks very stupid on our part.

I know it's not in the press, but did your board not go on about Callum Morrison moving to Salford after the game in December at some fan forum. 

Strikes me as the sort of thing I'd do in FM when I was about 14. I'd understand approaching out of contract players for a bosman but to try sign them this January seems wild. Would need to be a crazy crazy offer. 

as a Falkirk fan I actually quite like the sh*thousery behind it.  Adds a bit to all the fun and games in the two horse race..  I got a laugh out of it and I'm sure so did the players.

However I would be absolutely mortified if we did had done it.   I'd also be wary about what your players feel about it..if they've been told its some mind games carry on then maybe fair enough, but if not, if I was a player I'd be wondering where I stood.