The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

7 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Ben Williamson at the game today. Heard he is signing a permanent deal and will be available next weekend.

Yep he was at the game and he has confirmed he is signing. If it's permanent then I'm really happy with that. He is a good player always impressed me when he was at Raith scored a double against us as well before. Good player and should be an excellent signing in this league.

Just now, FuzzyBear said:

Scott Martin out for the season so hopefully Williamson is a decent replacement.

That's a huge blow for Accies. Williamson should be an asset for this level but Martin is undoubtedly a class above.

We've been unfortunate to lose Fyvie for large spells of this season and last and it's costed us. You guys have enough quality throughout, and seemingly have ambitious January targets, to get by and still have an outside chance to catch Falkirk, certainly shouldn't relinquish 2nd spot.

3 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

For me even before Scotty got injured we were needing a midfielder in this window so with that news I think we might need 2 in this window. 

Williamson I am a bit meh about, but will add physicality and replace Scott Martin;if we sign the other midfielder I hear we are after,the midfield will be sorted.

18 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Williamson I am a bit meh about, but will add physicality and replace Scott Martin;if we sign the other midfielder I hear we are after,the midfield will be sorted.

Spill.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I've heard a rumour as well about a potential midfielder but I'm about 99% sure it's got nothing in it. We will see though 

I've not heard any rumours but it's Joshua Kimmich. Out of contract in the summer so didn't have to spend much money, and apparently Gerry knows him through the German Donner Kebabs place down Hamilton. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/celtic-hero-gary-hooper-turns-31790494

Just seen this daily record article been posted 

- Accies made an attempt to sign former Celtic striker Gary Hopper last month but it's not going to happen

- Accies are hopeful of announcing some new signings soon

- Accies are understood to be close on agreeing a deal with Rangers to sign Ben Williamson 

- Reports of Jermaine Hylton are believed to be wide of the mark

-Josh O'Brien and Dario Zannata are both set to leave the club on loan. 

6 minutes ago, Trump said:

Heard Rankin is looking at Steven Hetherington of Alloa to replace the hole in midfield left by Scott Martin.

Heard that was only if Paul Paton didn't fancy the step down in clubs.

25 minutes ago, Trump said:

Heard Rankin is looking at Steven Hetherington of Alloa to replace the hole in midfield left by Scott Martin.

Heard Falkirk were looking at former Edinburgh City star Ben Stirling excellent signing if it happens.