The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

Like others have said its been a pretty nothing window. The signings made definitely haven't improved us significantly if at all. One of the main problems is still here, which of course is the coaching. I'd really like to know how much of a say Rankin had in the players coming in, because if its more than I believe it be, then he's a worse head coach than I thought.

The bottom line is, where we are right now is where we'll finish, so it's all about preparing for the play-offs from here till the end of the season, that's the realistic situation imo anyway. So for Rankin it surely has to be the case of if we aren't promoted, he's out the door, as with the amount of backing he's had, it will be a big failure to not go up.

The other main problem is of course Mr Strain, who tbh is getting worse with every update. I'm now in a place where I dread looking out for the clubs notifications due to the utter cringeworthy drivel he spouts throughout. Like with Rankin he needs to go, we surely can't carry on like this.

1 minute ago, Kelheart said:

Mcglynn signs for us on loan , thoughts ?? 

Raging the way he's been treated by the club. He's arguably our best striker but because he wasn't one of Rankin's favourites he didn't get played. He will impress at Kelty hopefully by the end of this loan we have a new manager with sense who decides to keep him for next season.

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Just in time to come back and fire us to the title.

I was wondering at what point people would realise that I'm joking.

I presumed you were just taking the piss with the reserve game comment.

10 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Raging the way he's been treated by the club. He's arguably our best striker but because he wasn't one of Rankin's favourites he didn't get played. He will impress at Kelty hopefully by the end of this loan we have a new manager with sense who decides to keep him for next season.

We just needed a player who will score some of the chances we create and maybe the kick up the back side our forwards need 

13 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

No we didn't. Most said we had no idea if there were or not. I presume you can post evidence of these problems or are you just talking nonsense as usual.

Bound by confidentiality my friend but hey will let you undertake your own due diligence as best to not be too academic about these things 🤔

14 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Ho much prize money is on offer for Trust Trophy finalists,  Hamilton won it well last season,  is it lucrative money wise.

I think it's 40k for winning and 25k being runner up + 40% of gate receipts each, which is probably worth at least 750k if you're playing massive FC.

6 hours ago, AndrewFFC said:

I think it's 40k for winning and 25k being runner up + 40% of gate receipts each, which is probably worth at least 750k if you're playing massive FC.

Thanks for info , hopefully accies can get there act together and out that league, trust me the longer you are in it, it sucks the life out the club.... 

12 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Bound by confidentiality my friend but hey will let you undertake your own due diligence as best to not be too academic about these things 🤔

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/11925550/spfl-plastic-pitch-grass-hamilton-academical/

Some good news in here about the stadium, though I would be interested to know how they're funding it and what the long-term implications of that funding are. I'm not sure reverting to a grass pitch would send out the best message to the academy at a time when we're already blocking the pathway for young players coming through, and, even beyond that, I think it's good to be in control of where the players are training in the absence of any dedicated training ground.

Getting fully shot of you know who is vital to take the club forward. Could be the best thing to happen to Accies for years. Once he is out keep him out of football!

Funding is the obvious question hanging over this but I really hope it happens. Things are moving quicker than what we were told was the plan. However, the board have been open and admitted that the end game was taking ownership of the stadium. As long as there is a plan and we don't go bust trying to do too much too quickly its fantastic news 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/11925550/spfl-plastic-pitch-grass-hamilton-academical/

Some good news in here about the stadium, though I would be interested to know how they're funding it and what the long-term implications of that funding are. I'm not sure reverting to a grass pitch would send out the best message to the academy at a time when we're already blocking the pathway for young players coming through, and, even beyond that, I think it's good to be in control of where the players are training in the absence of any dedicated training ground.

That would presumably be Clyde getting punted, that agreement would be with McGowan....

6 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Facts & the Sun = Novel idea 🤔

22 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I’m sure the plan is to outsource all but the first team home games to Thorniewood’s Robertson Park. There are plans to install a synthetic surface and floodlights there later this year.

Arguably the first team could train there and / or behind the goal at NDP to avoid cutting the pitch up in winter.

There is no rush to rip up the plastic, though, so Clyde’s agreement can easily be accommodated for now.