The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

We've had our carcrash moments in recent years. A certain Q&A at the Inchyra hotel springs to mind, as do a few of the decisions made when we had a DOF. Never mind further back around the closing of our academy. 

But some of your social media posts are beyond belief. Never mind the transfer story about signing three of our players this window or the alleged claim made in December by one of your club officials that we would lose Morrison to England in January. If that doesn't happen by tomorrow night this thread will be full of Falkirk fans laughing at you. 

I'm not one of them and this isn't a gloating post. We've been where you are and it's not fun. At least we now seem to have a BOD and staff who're in touch with the ordinary fans. I wish you luck in getting the same. 

8 hours ago, Blame Me said:

@Bainsfordbairn we might've avoided years of embarrassment and false dawns had we only employed a club supremo instead of a DoF, joint managers and head coaches! 😆

Club Supremo is fine if he was good/had qualifications for the job. Never worked in football until 18 months ago but because he had a spare £5k he now thinks he is the dogs baws.

19 hours ago, StuartA said:

All joking aside, do you guys have an effective fans’ organisation or trust or similar? Seems that you need some proper fans holding jokers like this to account. 

We tried that years ago. Met with total apathy. So many cliques amongst fans of the same club. If it wasn't their friends doing it they weren't interested.

Jake Davidson signs on loan until the end of the season. Not necessarily a bad player but not the sort of player we were needing and this comes across as a panic signing to me we really were needing a more creative midfielder. Apart from the Williamson signing I haven't been impressed with any of our signings this window. Kirk not a bad player but we already had a good young striker in Joe McGlynn who's not been giving a chance, Hastie a downgrade on Zanatta imo, Lyness just seemed a random signing and unless it means Fulton won't be back this year it's a unnecessary signing. 

On the signing of Ankeem seems an OK signing an upgrade on Mumbongo definitely however it doesn't exactly impress me either. If Ayr were to finish 9th he wouldn't even be able to play in the playoff final going by that Ayr beat 4th in L1 same goes for Davidson if Inverness finish 9th have the club thought that through when making these 2 signings? 

2 hours ago, Roboccop said:

So are you all going to admit it was all bullshit about Morrison going never mind the three player transfer bid? 

Embarassing. 

Must be a loan with an obligation to buy surely? We're not out the woods yet

7 hours ago, Roboccop said:

So are you all going to admit it was all bullshit about Morrison going never mind the three player transfer bid? 

Embarassing. 

You must be a bit lacking on the reading and understanding of things - we all said that that was bollocks the day it was announced.