The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

3 hours ago, BPM said:

I think Hamilton will win the play offs 

Same. They have serious momentum ow, in an Airdrie stylee.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Would take that.

Only if Ross returns plus another replacement for AA.

Just came to my mind something at the Hamilton game at the Falkirk stadium. About 20 of the 70 Hamilton fans at the game started singing “what the f….ing hell is that” to our display in the McAllister Stand before kick off. Obviously no one in the stadium other than those in the main stand very close to the away end ( I was one of them) would hear it due to the tinpot support that was brought. Certainly made me laugh hard given the embarrassing away support in attendance. 

1 hour ago, Balde Bairn said:

Just came to my mind something at the Hamilton game at the Falkirk stadium. About 20 of the 70 Hamilton fans at the game started singing “what the f….ing hell is that” to our display in the McAllister Stand before kick off. Obviously no one in the stadium other than those in the main stand very close to the away end ( I was one of them) would hear it due to the tinpot support that was brought. Certainly made me laugh hard given the embarrassing away support in attendance. 

I wonder what extravagant display they have planned for April 13th

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do you guys have post match interviews or is it behind a pay wall? 

There are interviews from yesterday on Accies Facebook page; as for ‘match highlights’, we couldn’t do them in the top League, so no chance in The Seaside Leagues.

4 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

There are interviews from yesterday on Accies Facebook page; as for ‘match highlights’, we couldn’t do them in the top League, so no chance in The Seaside Leagues.

Cheers. Dont have FB but I'll get the Mrs to show me 👍

37 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

So Accies fans how do you rate your chances of playoffs?

I think we'll surprise ourselves and win them tbh.

The players have definitely chucked it, though, and I'm not sure how easily they can switch back on when the games matter again.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I think we'll surprise ourselves and win them tbh.

The players have definitely chucked it, though, and I'm not sure how easily they can switch back on when the games matter again.

Don't know if it's fair to say you're players have chucked it with 1 draw and 4 wins in your last 5 games.

Even at 17 points clear they made us work for it and we still couldn't afford to start dropping points. 

2 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Don't know if it's fair to say you're players have chucked it with 1 draw and 4 wins in your last 5 games.

Even at 17 points clear they made us work for it and we still couldn't afford to start dropping points. 

On Saturday it looked exactly as @Todd_is_God has described tbh. That wasn't a side looking to stop a side winning the title. Even when Rankin made subs it made no difference. If we survive I expect we'll be getting beat 3/4 times by Hamilton again next season. 

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

So Accies fans how do you rate your chances of playoffs?

I can't see us winning them however at the same time Inverness look a complete mess and it seems like they're a bit like how we were last season seems like they're owner is killing them from what I've seen their fans say. This is the best chance an Montrose or Alloa will get of getting promoted and although Montrose lost 7-1 on Saturday I rate Petrie highly and it wouldn't shock me one bit if they finished 3rd then won against us. 

We should have enough to beat whoever finishes third. The table doesn't lie and we are easily the 2nd best team in the league. However beating Inverness or whoever finishes 2nd bottom of championship will be more challenging. Still fancy our chance though, ever the optimist.