Who will be the next Celtic manager?

The next Celtic manager  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

"You traded immortality for mediocrity. Never a Celt, always a fraud" 

Not my words. 

😂

It’s ok mate we are calling him The Brendan Rodgers so what you referred to didn’t really happen 

57 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I clearly wasn't saying they are on the same level. My point was using your merit as to if they have been sacked or not no longer really apply to the modern game and used a far more successful manager to prove my point. 

Fair enough. I’ll give you that. I thought you were comparing the two 👍.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

1 hour ago, stressball said:

That’s a bizarre take in itself of my post.

It’s not a song I know or can confess to have heard, that’s not denying it ever happened.

Whats the relevancy though? I said someone was being hypocritical talking about the climb down from hating him to “prostituting at the altar of success.”

Of course you've never heard it. It was and is again all over social media but you've never seen it 

The relevancy is you said he'd be supported by the fans. The same fans who sung wishing him dead.

7 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Of course you've never heard it. It was and is again all over social media but you've never seen it 

The relevancy is you said he'd be supported by the fans. The same fans who sung wishing him dead.

Nah I’ve genuinely never heard it mate.

10 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

What was all over social media was a bunch of pissed up fannys in a pub singing the song, I’ve never ever heard it sung at a match, on a bus or anywhere else other than in that video. The song is abhorrent however leveraging it as something that is indicative of how most Celtic fans feel is a stretch, a considerable one.

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

however leveraging it as something that is indicative of how Celtic fans is a stretch, a considerable one.

They are Celtic fans. Along with numerous other examples of pretty horrible abuse to him from Celtic fans. There is a lot of examples out there to be found if either want to look. 

He said he'd be accepted by Celtic fans. Either he's right and it's another example of fucking embarrassing behaviour from a section of your fans (to go along with the song) or he won't be accepted by the fans and he's wrong in what he posted.

I guess we'll see. Or not, 'cos some of us ever see or hear such behaviour.

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

They are Celtic fans. Along with numerous other examples of pretty horrible abuse to him from Celtic fans. There is a lot of examples out there to be found if either want to look. 

He said he'd be accepted by Celtic fans. Either he's right and it's another example of fucking embarrassing behaviour from a section of your fans (to go along with the song) or he won't be accepted by the fans and he's wrong in what he posted.

image.gif.4c5e0ea4928401d3e136733209c60b56.gif

33 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Clearly they are Celtic fans I don’t think anyone here is challenging that but highlighting a very small number of fans singing disgusting songs or being abusive doesn’t represent the feeling of the entire support and you know that, you are being just a little fastidious 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

What was all over social media was a bunch of pissed up fannys in a pub singing the song, I’ve never ever heard it sung at a match, on a bus or anywhere else other than in that video. The song is abhorrent however leveraging it as something that is indicative of how most Celtic fans feel is a stretch, a considerable one.

Oh-ho! It’s the “it’s a minority” argument again.

Pathetic and predictable.

55 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Oh-ho! It’s the “it’s a minority” argument again.

Pathetic and predictable.

So you think 30 or so scumbags in pub singing and wishing someone dead is indicative of the majority of our support?

What a fucking eejit you are 

48 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Whooring yourselves to “Brendan” like a 5quid prossie!

Embarrassing. 

😂
You seem more familiar with the 5quid prossie market than I am so I’ll bow to your superior knowledge 

Edited by Jinky67

48 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Whooring yourselves to “Brendan” like a 5quid prossie!

Embarrassing. 

You do know that different people in the same support can have different opinions.

Rodgers would automatically become the best manager in the league so is it really a surprise that some Celtic fans are happy with him coming back.

8 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Better an “eejit” than a bigoted IRA supporting glory hunter

I’m not a bigot nor do I support the IRA. Being a Celtic fan and those other things aren’t mutually exclusive.

Not sure you know the correct use of inverted commas mate. There is no intended irony, scepticism or inaccuracy in that description of you 

Fucking eejit.

Edited by Jinky67

4 hours ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Yeah the Barca game is probably our biggest European win for a while and it's a good example of parking the bus working, but to be honest we've Fraser Forster as much as any tactical decision to thank for the result as anything else. He was unbelievable that night. If we had played them 100 times I don't think it's ending with a Celtic win more than once. I'd sooner we have a go than try to replicate that night again. 

I’m not saying it’s a set up that should be used for every game, but when there is a complete gulf in quality between two sides, then setting up to be hard to beat is normally the smart move. It’s the exact same reason you don’t see sides go open and attacking against Celtic in the SPFL very often.