2023/24 New Season New Hope.

8 hours ago, Hossy87 said:

Both Newton and Creetown to extend their winning runs you'd think. 

You would think so.

Vale need to start getting points on the board before they are cast adrift.  But, will last week's humbling at the hands of Cupar Hearts affect the moral!

SOUTH OF SCOTLAND LEAGUE

14:00
Dalbeattie Star
vs
              Newton Stewart
Lochar Thistle
vs
                    Creetown
only the 2 League games this weekend with the start of the League Cup.

Latest Podcast everybody. it was a long one. 

Part 2 of the Pod has the South Of Scotland League but also has Highland League and  East of Scotland

https://parkthebusfitbawpodcast.buzzsprout.com/1595431/13489342-non-league-round-up-episode-3-part-2

(Part 1 starts with the Lowland League then West Of Scotland if you are interested)

https://parkthebusfitbawpodcast.buzzsprout.com/1595431/13489329-non-league-round-up-episode-3-part-1

Another reduced league programme this Saturday due to involvement in Big Scottish. A return fixture as Uppers entertain Lochar 31 days after the first meeting.

SATURDAY 2 SEPTEMBER 2023

SOUTH OF SCOTLAND LEAGUE

Lochmaben
vs
                    Stranraer
Mid Annandale
vs
          Nithsdale Wanderers
Upper Annandale
vs
                 Lochar Thistle
Edited by HorseyGhirl

Today's league results

Lochmaben
3 - 2
                   Stranraer
Mid Annandale
2 - 2
         Nithsdale Wanderers

Upper Annandale
0 - 2
            Lochar Thistle

23 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Today's league results

Lochmaben
3 - 2
                   Stranraer
Mid Annandale
2 - 2
         Nithsdale Wanderers

Upper Annandale
0 - 2
            Lochar Thistle

I thought the boy from Stranraer was scared of Nithsdale; why is he sending McKenzie off for nothing?

Other than Rod Williamson’s boy nobody is as bad as Sutherland, he just hates NW

5 hours ago, Derry Pele said:

I thought the boy from Stranraer was scared of Nithsdale; why is he sending McKenzie off for nothing?

Other than Rod Williamson’s boy nobody is as bad as Sutherland, he just hates NW

The boy is an absolute zoomer. Really don’t believe it would have been for nothing.

Nithsdale’s current committee should be hanging their heads in shame for allowing the return of some of the idiots that have brought shame to the club for a number of years. 

On 02/09/2023 at 18:16, HorseyGhirl said:

Today's league results

Lochmaben
3 - 2
                   Stranraer
Mid Annandale
2 - 2
         Nithsdale Wanderers

Upper Annandale
0 - 2
            Lochar Thistle

Be interesting to see how Lochar do now,  now that the mercenary Ian Anderson has jumped ship. Can’t understand that move. Must be for a bit of money surely. 

56 minutes ago, Aguerooooo said:

Be interesting to see how Lochar do now,  now that the mercenary Ian Anderson has jumped ship. Can’t understand that move. Must be for a bit of money surely. 

Think that's a bit harsh. A "mercenary" who left League Two (at the time) Annan to drop two levels in order to get more game time and play with his pals? Now after scoring loads in the South of Scotland league he's away back to his old club in the league above (for now.)

Maybe he wants to test himself in the Lowland League again whilst he still can. A lot of South fans seem to talk about money a lot, even though it'll be tiny at this level. If he makes a bit more at Gretna, so what, he deserves it.

But yes, it will be interesting to see how Lochar do without Anderson.

Another  weekend another cup. So just the 2 League fixtures.

Vale will be looking to kick start their league campaign after a slightly start stop campaign.

Nithsdale host our other Annandale club looking for 3 points after last week's draw at Lockerbie.

SOUTH OF SCOTLAND LEAGUE

Lochmaben
vs
                   Abbey Vale
Nithsdale Wanderers
vs
                Upper Annandale

Only one League fixture as Lochmaben entertain Lochar in their rearranged match from August.

What with all the Cup weekends we've had recently, feel the League has been almost a side issue. I was warned about all the Cup comps in the South.

4 hours ago, ParkTheBusFitbaPod said:

I did an episode more of a September recap so far including the South Of Scotland league. 

It's not as much as I've done before 

https://parkthebusfitbapodcast.buzzsprout.com/1595431/13600823-september-so-far-below-tier-5

Hope you don't mind a bit of feedback. Doing some research and having all the relevant info/notes written down beforehand would make the podcast far more listener friendly. It would eliminate the many silent spells and mistakes (which, fair play you corrected most).

That said, keep at it, it's good to have a bit of coverage on these leagues.👍

Read this on Mids facebook and gotta say makes my blood boil.

"MIDS entertained Lesmahagow FC in the South Regional Challenge Cup at a rain saturated New King Edward Park on Friday evening and despite the weather a sizeable crowd witnessed an entertaining match.
MIDS continued with their recent form improvement by giving their higher ranked opponents a decent test"

'higher ranked opponents'

Never, ever enter a game with the attitude that any team is better than you. I come across this attitude in the SOSFL too many times. I know of teams in the lower reaches of the WOSFL who were defeated by teams in higher divisions who had team meetings at the end of Saturday's games thrashing out what went wrong.

I may be in a minority down here but I expect every SOSFL team to go out with the attitude they are going to win. To be fair I am seeing this more regularly from Creetown and NS.  No matter the opposite will be expecting good results from Vale, NS & Creetown in Round 3 of SRCC and Star in SC Rd 1.

I make no apologies for this attitude. Its how I played, even though I was crap, and it's how I coached.