14:00 
Newton Stewart
vs
                    Stranraer
14:00
Wigtown & Bladnoch
vs
               Upper Annandale

Abbey Vale v Moneybeattie is the pick of the bunch there. Will see how Mids look when they play against Creetown. Newton v Stranraer close to call as well. Wins for Lochar, Nithsdale & Uppers for the rest. 

20 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

start the season of as you mean to go 1st moan

my nearest game is Newton Stewart 40mins away. 

Lucky you, i work to about 2.30 on a Saturday, games now 2 o'clock kick-offs, so no saturday SOS football for me know! 

31 minutes ago, Jamie92 said:

Abbey Vale v Moneybeattie is the pick of the bunch there. Will see how Mids look when they play against Creetown. Newton v Stranraer close to call as well. Wins for Lochar, Nithsdale & Uppers for the rest. 

A number of the club's have swept a big brush through the playing and coaching staff. First few weeks will be interesting. 

Just now, Sermani said:

Lucky you, i work to about 2.30 on a Saturday, games now 2 o'clock kick-offs, so no saturday SOS football for me know! 

That's crap man. No way of starting earlier to finish earlier?

10 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

That's crap man. No way of starting earlier to finish earlier?

No, i usually knock off 10-15 mins early as it is, but my boss would want me to work to 4 if he could. So maybe the odd game at Palmy or Annan or maybe just save my money and go a wee football jaunt abroad instead.

3 minutes ago, Sermani said:

No, i usually knock off 10-15 mins early as it is, but my boss would want me to work to 4 if he could. So maybe the odd game at Palmy or Annan or maybe just save my money and go a wee football jaunt abroad instead.

That's pish man. Cannae beat the informality of non-league. Just rock up, pays yer money, no hassle from some jobsworth in a hi-viz. Usually a pint afore kick off. Civilised.

55 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

That's pish man. Cannae beat the informality of non-league. Just rock up, pays yer money, no hassle from some jobsworth in a hi-viz. Usually a pint afore kick off. Civilised.

Believe or not they have lower league/non league football overseas, where if your nice you can get in for free, drink during the game, try some local roll-ups and they can even provide you with a lady of the night if you wish. Sometimes the football's not bad either. Top tip, take some Scottish tat from a charity shop with you and hand it out in the club bar.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/07/2023 at 15:26, Jamie92 said:

Moneybeattie? We are hardly a financial powerhouse.

16 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

With no disrespect intended to @The Spectator.

I do love this graphic.

Screenshot_20230729-174627_X.thumb.jpg.90fa41961610bdc774cbba41cd86d58c.jpg

Fair play to the League for making a bit of effort with their social media, makes it a bit more appealing. 

Credit must also go to Nithsdale, putting the game to bed inside half an hour to allow their strikers to launch a bit of homophobia towards the referee

1 hour ago, Derry Pele said:

Fair play to the League for making a bit of effort with their social media, makes it a bit more appealing. 

Credit must also go to Nithsdale, putting the game to bed inside half an hour to allow their strikers to launch a bit of homophobia towards the referee

Please expand, you can't dangle a juicy carrot like that and then put it back in the bag. 🤔🤔

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Please expand, you can't dangle a juicy carrot like that and then put it back in the bag. 🤔🤔

I’m not repeating the comments, he’ll probably report me too 😅

Let’s just say all three comments were clearly audible from the pie hut and one involved the repeated use of another name for a pork meatball