2023/24 New Season New Hope.

59 minutes ago, Derry Pele said:

I’m not repeating the comments, he’ll probably report me too 😅

Let’s just say all three comments were clearly audible from the pie hut and one involved the repeated use of another name for a pork meatball

Anything about the punishment they’ll be getting for that?

9 hours ago, Derry Pele said:

I’m not repeating the comments, he’ll probably report me too 😅

Let’s just say all three comments were clearly audible from the pie hut and one involved the repeated use of another name for a pork meatball

No heard that particular one in a wee while.

Used to get them wi mushy peas when playing darts/pool etc. in the Leicester Works Social Club League back in the day. 

Thinking on it maybees that is one of the reasons I'm vegan now.

Good to have you back @GNU_Linux.

Looking glum for Saints, seen a couple of pre's and felt they would struggle.

Great start for W&B anyone know how many of the Thistle boys played.

Other results as expected, although thought Vale & Star might be a draw.

17 minutes ago, ParkTheBusFitbaPod said:

Question. Is there any highlights/goals from the weekend?

Looked at some of the social medias and couldn't see any

https://fb.watch/m7lep7fN4X/

We've just got our Veo Cam up and running.  Longer term we hope to package a highlights video and if we can, try and stream some games. 

Matchday 2.

And to tickle our tastebuds first up is.

FB_IMG_1690877212327.thumb.jpg.7d1390beb8f8ef6cfa8b4f478dc632ec.jpg

Next over West we have.

Stranraer Res v Creetown 
Tuesday 1st August 
Stuart Binnie Arena
730pm kick off

Adults - £4 🎟️ 
Concessions - £2 🎟️

FB_IMG_1690877243852.thumb.jpg.00f088bfcc810bb40adc372dfc16b3cf.jpg

#local football.

1 hour ago, The Spectator said:

Hoping to make it to the Star game tonight.

Saints will be looking to bounce back after their result at the weekend.

Will try to get along if circumstances i.e. horses, allow. Seen Saints in pre season against Easterhouse & Rossvale. Really worried for them thus season. Feel the youngsters need time to settle in at adult level.

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Will try to get along if circumstances i.e. horses, allow. Seen Saints in pre season against Easterhouse & Rossvale. Really worried for them thus season. Feel the youngsters need time to settle in at adult level.

Im worried for you if you need permission from horses, your grammar and spelling IS terrible. 

53 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Im worried for you if you need permission from horses, your grammar and spelling IS terrible. 

Sorry Miss Taggart. Will try really hard to do better.

👍

Surely a bit of common sense is required! Nithsdale travels nearly 2hrs to Newton Stewart on a Wed night While Wigtown 10 minutes from Newton is sent to Lochmaben the same night. Where is the logic in this?

1 hour ago, info said:

Surely a bit of common sense is required! Nithsdale travels nearly 2hrs to Newton Stewart on a Wed night While Wigtown 10 minutes from Newton is sent to Lochmaben the same night. Where is the logic in this?

Maybe its felt the closer games on a Saturday would draw a better crowd. Whereas the difference for the midweek games chosen would be negligible.

2 hours ago, ekok said:

No need to apologise,  you have singlehandedly resurrected this thread from the pits of apathy and couldn't care less. 

Hats off and keep up the good work.

Oh dont you worry. I find sarcasm is a great tool to use when someone who has never met you, can pass comments on your  intellect level.

Just back in the door from Islecroft; firstly a big the is to the horses for eating dinner early and happily popping out to their paddock in time for me to drive to DB.

Well Star definitely an improvement on the side I seen a few times in the spring.

All seemed comfortable on the ball and happily played out from the back. Did feel they lacked that composed head who can just slow things down a tad to allow a play to develop. Was just a bit rushed which showed in that, as far as I recall, the only shot of any note in the first half was the pen.

They had the vast majority of the possession, which in itself can create problems with decision making.

The game was over as a contest 5 min into 2nd half, with 2 Star goals. The first came as a result of Saints no.9 gifting the ball with his umpteenth stray pass. 3rd was well worked with Saints in disarray at this point.

Hard to judge Star as being truthful, they weren't really tested by Saints.

Saints for their part competed well for the first 45 and actually had 3 chances before Star scored. All fell to the no.9 who didn't look comfortable playing as a lone striker and toiled all night. A nightmare start to the 2nd half to usher them off and they spent the rest of the game chasing shadows for the most part.

There is a noticeable gulf in quality in the league from top to bottom. Which is inevitable I suppose in a one division set up. There is a finite number of players to go around the region.