2023/24 New Season New Hope.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Maybe its felt the closer games on a Saturday would draw a better crowd. Whereas the difference for the midweek games chosen would be negligible.

The point is not to attract a bigger crowd. How are players expected to finish work at say 4-30 at the earliest .change and get from say Newton Stewart to Nithsdale or vice-versa? to warm up properly and kick off at 7-45 when there are obvious alternatives available?  

14 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Oh dont you worry. I find sarcasm is a great tool to use when someone who has never met you, can pass comments on your  intellect level.

Sarcasm like bad humour is never good ? I have 3 horses myself and know all about feeding 365. Im lucky mine fortunately cant tell time so i can manage to score an hour or two if needs be. Unfortunately every team in my area is away this weekend, so I’m struggling to find a fixture sadly. Oh point to note never assume nobody knows you. 

Im unable to go but will be looking at the Mids/Abbey vale result later.

1 hour ago, annan4eva said:

Sarcasm like bad humour is never good ? I have 3 horses myself and know all about feeding 365. Im lucky mine fortunately cant tell time so i can manage to score an hour or two if needs be. Unfortunately every team in my area is away this weekend, so I’m struggling to find a fixture sadly. Oh point to note never assume nobody knows you. 

Im unable to go but will be looking at the Mids/Abbey vale result later.

👍

tonight's final scores

Lochar Thistle 1-1 Upper Annandale 

🏟️ Mid Annandale 1-5 Abbey Vale 

🏟️ Newton Stewart 2-1 Nithsdale Wanderers 

🏟️ Wigtown & Bladnoch 1-1 Lochmaben 

I know I have a slight tendency to ramble on a bit. But, something I have witnessed at all the grounds I've visited so far pre and after first week of new season.

It's been really heartening the number of youngsters at each of the grounds. From weans right through to the adult teenagers. A good number of them also been kitted out in the club kit. 

I imagine most if not all of these will be from the youth and colt sides, I see too that the Ultras Section has caught on. Great involvement and initiative from the clubs. 

Hopefully catch them early before they are brainwashed into getting onto buses and trains to head up to you know where.

Have felt the actual numbers attending have been decent too. I know the weather is not bad. 

One negative to end on though; could the clubs not advertise in each off their towns by putting up a few posters on Town Notice Boards and in some of the shops and cafes. If they do I must be going blind. I realise these can be costly so even hand decorated posters, hell get the local primary schools to create a poster for each home game and get them photocopied.

Apologies didn't mean to go on so much.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

Not putting up that awful lge table, todays results.

Todays Matchday 3 Results 📝

Creetown 3 - 2 Abbey Vale

Nithsdale Wanderers 3 - 2 Lochar Thistle

St Cuthbert Wanderers 0 - 13 Newton Stewart

Stranraer 2 - 5 Dalbeattie Star

Upper Annandale 3 - 0 Lochmaben

Wigtown & Bladnoch 2 - 5 Mid Annandale

1 hour ago, The Spectator said:

Saw Saints vs Star midweek and I thought Saints looked poor but I wouldn't have said 13-0 against Newton poor.

Tbh, everything we tried today paid offand worked, we played well.  

A day for Saints to forget but I genuinely can't see them playing that badly again, or making so many poor decisions. 

I wouldn't read too much into it and can definitely/hopefully see Saints improve soon and expecially aim to spring a surprise in the Scottish.  

9 hours ago, Hossy87 said:

Tbh, everything we tried today paid offand worked, we played well.  

A day for Saints to forget but I genuinely can't see them playing that badly again, or making so many poor decisions. 

I wouldn't read too much into it and can definitely/hopefully see Saints improve soon and expecially aim to spring a surprise in the Scottish.  

Wasn't there yesterday, at Islecroft on Weds.

After preseason was worried for Saints. Felt they competed well first half against Star. Lost 2 quick goals after restart.

But impressively didn't fall apart rest of game.

Creesider for me have looked good preseason. The mix of youth and experience looked a good fit.

So, is the boss still going with that setup?

Looks the way forward for NS.

45 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Wasn't there yesterday, at Islecroft on Weds.

After preseason was worried for Saints. Felt they competed well first half against Star. Lost 2 quick goals after restart.

But impressively didn't fall apart rest of game.

Creesider for me have looked good preseason. The mix of youth and experience looked a good fit.

So, is the boss still going with that setup?

Looks the way forward for NS.

Will leave that to those in the dugout to do their thing.