Clyde Season 23/24

3 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

That’s what sticking by him and getting him fit again gets you. 

I think there's a lot more to it than that. It may be unfortunate but the fact that he was under contract with us means that it's our fitness team that have to work with him, but that's just the way it goes. He owes us nothing.

Also, you can't blame the boy for wanting a bit of a fresh start after last season. Peterhead are certainly showing more ambition than we are. 

Edited by Brian Carrigan

6 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I think there's a lot more to it than that. It may be unfortunate but the fact that he was under contract with us means that it's our fitness team that have to work with him, but that's just the way it goes. He owes us nothing.

Also, you can't blame the boy for wanting a bit of a fresh start after last season. Peterhead are certainly showing more ambition than we are. 

A bit more frustrating because he’s not the first decent player to have that happen to us, Dylan Easton springs to mind. 

On 12/06/2023 at 16:10, SLClyde said:

I think Rennie could get double figures in league 2 and would be worth keeping. Also don’t want to be looking for a full front line. 

Yeah imagine having to look for a full frontline .... couldn't be my club 🫠

Just now, SLClyde said:

Still wondering how Stefan McCluskey got a move to league 1!

Have a tougher season last year, but honestly he's been our best attacking player last 2 years and season before where we finished 2nd was arguably our best player and in a team that's playing good football he's still got the quality it's just his fitness which can be an issue.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Fresh start? He played one game then was out for most of the season. Another year would be just like a fresh start. More likely, as has been intimated is the deal offered was bettered by Peterhead.

I thought Duthie signed a 2 year deal with yourselves?

He clearly isn’t the most loyal of players. He fucked off from us after we had given him a route back into professional football following a 2 year drug ban. Obviously Clyde were operating at a higher level but it would’ve been nice to see him repay the faith we showed in him. 

I could totally understand moving to a much bigger/full time club but moving between Clyde, Dumbarton and Peterheid can’t result in hellish much of a wage rise and a Peterhead move obviously comes with a c**t of a trek every 2nd week for a home game. I think Clyde fans are right to feel aggrieved after the club helped him through his medical issue. It wasn’t that long ago he was praising all the Clyde staff and players for helping him through it.

He’s a bit of a headless chicken IMO, and clearly a wee fiver chasing fanny, so he’s no great loss for you.

He was totally unimpressive when he returned after his surgery, perhaps understandable, but in all honesty I expected much much more from him. I’d say in fact he looked really poor and contributed nothing.
I may be harsh on him considering he was out for so long but I actually would have been annoyed if the club had offered a really good offer to stay, didn’t look worth it at all. 

I do think opinion on Cameron is skewed by the ridiculous number of games he played out wide. We would have been as well playing Parry out there, he was awful.

That said, finding space "between the lines" on the half turn is one of the harder things to do, and he is good at that. He should only be played centrally, and should start the season outside of our best eleven.

1 hour ago, bhoonaman said:

Fresh start?

Yes. He’s still been around the club. He was out training pre-match about 2 weeks after he had the surgery. He was training with the squad the whole time. What happens on the park is 90 mins out the week, he’s still a Clyde player the rest of the time too, experiencing the garbage season with the rest of the boys. 

So tl;dr aye, of course it’s a fresh start.

The money is obviously a huge part of it too, but it’s only one of about 40 reasons he had to not stay at Clyde. Certainly don’t grudge him the move. 

1 hour ago, clyde_r_us said:

treat us like the NHS

Such a bizarre comment. He was under contract for a season. It’s no one’s fault he spent most of it unavailable. Is he just meant to say “right you know what, I’m not wanting paid or training facilities, just tear that up”?! Would you? No, of course not.