Clyde Season 23/24

On 12/06/2023 at 13:15, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Shite.

Nae pace, poor movement, doesn’t run into channels, doesn’t hold the ball up, doesnt win headers, can’t take a man on, rarely scores and doesn’t looked arsed to top all those attributes off.

But apart from all of that, a decent player. lol

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

i've looked rounfed the two chiefts/BIGwanks.

my names Gov, I'll be in charch, of this 2nd Div, Ken.

Just Pm boys, if you need any help.....again, get ot of line, ,,,,ken

WTF is this? Is this the standard of poster down here? 

On 13/06/2023 at 07:49, haufdaft said:

So Clyde not only signed a player who hasn't been fully fit for a couple of years, we also gave him an eighteen month contract to boot?

Think he had a couple of knocks when he first came back from Ireland, and then needed surgery for a hernia which was apparently quite a complicated one.

It probably says a lot that we gave him another 6 month deal to try and get himself back but he just wasn’t gonna get a good enough run of games as 3rd/4th choice behind McCalister, Johnston and Wright and it was probably best he moved on. 

If, and it looks like a very big if, he can get himself fit and playing consistently he’s probably gonna be at least a 1 in 3 striker in terms of goals.

16 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

His old man is off the scale for anger.  I doubt I've ever heard such a prolonged foul-mouthed rant as he produced at Forthbank.

Are you sure? I know him quite well and he's certainly not an angry guy. Could talk for Britain but never seen him angry. 

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are you sure? I know him quite well and he's certainly not an angry guy. Could talk for Britain but never seen him angry. 

OK.  The guy at Forthbank I had never seen before but he was wild.  The following week I saw him cross the car park at the Rock and when I asked a normally reliable Sons fan if he knew who this guy was he replied it was Mr Love senior.  That was it.

19 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Scullion signs a new 1-year deal.

He was one I hoped would sign on, thought he improved at the tail end of the season and is the sort of young player that we can develop in L2 fingers crossed. 

A reminder that player development is not linear. His improvement was terrific throughout the season, and he also has a bit of dig as well.

His attitude to bounce back from two of the worst own goals that you'll see, and from gifting Dunfermline a late penalty, was commendable. A lot of players would have hidden.

7 minutes ago, David W said:

A reminder that player development is not linear. His improvement was terrific throughout the season, and he also has a bit of dig as well.

His attitude to bounce back from two of the worst own goals that you'll see, and from gifting Dunfermline a late penalty, was commendable. A lot of players would have hidden.

Hard agree. Would like to see him starting in midfield this coming season, which says a lot about his development because in March I wanted him sin-died.