Clyde Season 23/24

Findlay is absolutely up there with the worst goalkeepers for me. I remember his debut when he was subbed on after Callum Reidford was sent off. I refuse to believe we didn’t just pull him from the stand and ask him to play.

In fact, this entire highlights package is seriously painful viewing. Viewer discretion is advised.

11 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Findlay is absolutely up there with the worst goalkeepers for me. I remember his debut when he was subbed on after Callum Reidford was sent off. I refuse to believe we didn’t just pull him from the stand and ask him to play.

In fact, this entire highlights package is seriously painful viewing. Viewer discretion is advised.

It's funny, I remember speaking to my mate who sat with his folks down the gym end of the stand and he was adamant that Reidford never left his box. I used to sit down the other end and it seemed pretty clear to me that he came out.

It's funny how you hear just the exact same voices isn't it?! (Mainly the shrill female one).

The defending for the final goal is amongst the worst I've seen. Comical.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Aw yes its time for some abject misery! Let's go 4-3-3!

JC Hutchinson

John Kane, Craig Tully, Ross Fisher, Joe Gorman

Paul Slane, Craig McLeish, Barry Ferguson (honourable mention because he DID play 45 mins)

Steve Kipre, Liam Cusack, Bradley Coyne

1 hour ago, Ignoramus said:

I quite liked Cusack, but most of the names there are back in shudder territory. I’m going for 

Scott Findlay

John Kane, Craig Tully, Mark Casey, Andrew Traub

Paul Slane, Nicki Paterson, Kevin Finlayson, Conn Boyle

Adam Coakley, Mark Archdeacon, Rob Jones (maybe not fair in this company but genuinely couldn’t stand him).

There are likely worse players but these stand out in my head.

Just to highlight how many woeful players we've had, I thought I'd do one where I'm not allowed to include any players from either of these 2 sides.

Nik Rajovic
Billy Mortimer - Scott Gair - Steven Thicot - Robert Halliday
Paul Stewart - Jay Lang - Christian Smith - Gregg Wylde
Paul McLeod - Adam Coakley

That first half of 2009/10 squad is up there with the most painful ever Clyde teams. Relegation was staring us in the face even more than the season just passed.

League 1 2019-23 duds:

Bradley-Hurst

Munro Balatoni Allison Hendji

Mortimer Nicoll Robertson Wylde

McGrath Jones

Edited to add a subs bench featuring Thicot, Andrew, Jack and Bain. Fleshed out with McMullin, McNiven and Cammy Ross.

I know Allison was more a left back but I needed him and Hendji both in there. Literally like watching guys pulled out the stand.

Chris Johnston would have been in there for laziness but I can remember him actually playing well in a game.

In summary; Danny Lennon was diabolical at signing players.

Edited by David W

45 minutes ago, David W said:

League 1 2019-23 duds:

Bradley-Hurst

Munro Balatoni Allison Hendji

Mortimer Nicoll Robertson Wylde

McGrath Jones

Edited to add a subs bench featuring Thicot, Andrew, Jack and Bain. Fleshed out with McMullin, McNiven and Cammy Ross.

I know Allison was more a left back but I needed him and Hendji both in there. Literally like watching guys pulled out the stand.

Chris Johnston would have been in there for laziness but I can remember him actually playing well in a game.

In summary; Danny Lennon was diabolical at signing players.

I’ve seen Allison playing for a title winning Linlithgow Rose side a few times last season and always looking surprisingly decent. He mainly seems to play CB now, lower level obviously but I reckon they’ll be strong challengers in Lowland league this season.

Owen Ronald on the other hand was also at Rose and couldn’t even get a game in the EOS league, although has moved to east Stirling recently I see, garbage! 

22 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Yes. He’s still been around the club. He was out training pre-match about 2 weeks after he had the surgery. He was training with the squad the whole time. What happens on the park is 90 mins out the week, he’s still a Clyde player the rest of the time too, experiencing the garbage season with the rest of the boys. 

So tl;dr aye, of course it’s a fresh start.

The money is obviously a huge part of it too, but it’s only one of about 40 reasons he had to not stay at Clyde. Certainly don’t grudge him the move. 

Take your point. Ah well, so the phrase used for a long term absentee returning of “it’s like a new signing” is utter bollocks too for the same reasons.

4 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It's funny how you hear just the exact same voices isn't it?! (Mainly the shrill female one).

I also heard the timeless classic “go tae ‘um” that still gets a weekly airing to this day.

8 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Is this the era of Brechin the best part time Club in Scotland, or thereabouts? Amazing to think that for all the absolute shite that’s passed through the Clyde ranks, we haven’t dropped into the LL…yet

56 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Who was that ex Queens striker we had that came on as a sub and got hooked off again? He was brutal. I want to say it was Stephen something beginning with O. 

Steven Odunewu. 

He nearly scored the goal of the century against Man United in that mid-season friendly in 2009. 

Surprised how many ex-Sons players are making these lists. We had Cusack and Craig McLeish and I don't remember either being offensively bad, Cusack in particular had something about him. Gregg Wylde and Owen Ronald are two names who would deserve it though. Ronald was honestly baffling. We signed him in the Championship and apparently Jack Ross thought he was going to be a star. He was a complete shitebag and offered nothing. Wylde is much the same and I can't believe we offered him a new deal this year. 

18 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Can't believe Eddie Ferns hasn't been named yet. To this day, his cameo at Stirling away is the only time I've seen a player laughed at en masse for their ineptitude. 

There’s a blast from that past that makes us Stirling fans shudder. Disaster of a footballer with an inflated ego 

2 hours ago, Clyde85 said:

I thought Cusack was ok always tried and never hid.

Give me a Clyde top and I’ll do that. You don’t want me playing up front though, nor anywhere else.

In fact, the only time I have “played for Clyde” was in a fans game, in goals, where I conceded 9 goals after 60 minutes before substituting myself off.