Clyde Season 23/24

2 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

I’m interested in the rumours re another admin error in relation to the Goodwillie transfer to Raith which cost the club a lot of money.

Don’t know what the rumour you have heard is but I know there was an admin error around DGW that cost the club 

11 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

We’re completely screwed and on a fast track to Lowland League.

I detest the Board and the contempt with which they treat the support. 
I hate the way the CIC is flawed and “ownership” is a con.

”Your Club be a part of it”

”Help make important decisions”…… laughable.

I hate the fact that Duffy is still the manager and they have tried to con us into thinking he’s not. 
I feel sorry for Brian McLean as he’s been set up to carry the can when he’s most likely had no say in who has signed and no say on tactics or team selection.

I’m embarrassed that we had only 2 outfield players available on the bench in a league cup match and so early in the season.

I’m still fuming we lost the chance to win the title in the promotion year due to an admin error.

I’m interested in the rumours re another admin error in relation to the Goodwillie transfer to Raith which cost the club a lot of money.

I’m pissed off we can’t organise a home kit and it’s being sold as a return to the glory days- it’s not an anniversary of anything which is when these things tend to happen- just another cover up.

I’m annoyed we now train on Mondays and Wednesdays and on a different surface than we play our home games on.

Is that enough to let you know you are not alone out there?

What's the admin error for the DG transfer? 

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

What's the admin error for the DG transfer? 

I had heard that there was a boo boo with his contract extension which meant he would have been a free agent in the summer. Everyone was under the impression he had that year to go.  Not so sure RR would have pressed ahead had they known he’d be free in the summer.

Quite strong rumours of how it was hushed up so the transfer with original fee proceeded.

27 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

I had heard that there was a boo boo with his contract extension which meant he would have been a free agent in the summer. Everyone was under the impression he had that year to go.  Not so sure RR would have pressed ahead had they known he’d be free in the summer.

Quite strong rumours of how it was hushed up so the transfer with original fee proceeded.

If Raith still paid the fee did money get lost then?

58 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

The Annual Accounts will show whether a transfer fee was received , so fairly straightforward for someone with access to those to confirm one way or the other.

A transfer fee was received- but don’t forget, it was “undisclosed”- so not possible to know whether any part of it went elsewhere 

Edited by Harry Hood Fan Club
Typo

Looks like the tightening of licensing criteria could make it harder for teams to get promoted to the SPFL and may even mean there is no play-off at all.

A decision that I find disgusting btw, despite our precarious position and the potential benefit to us.

49 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Looks like the tightening of licensing criteria could make it harder for teams to get promoted to the SPFL and may even mean there is no play-off at all.

A decision that I find disgusting btw, despite our precarious position and the potential benefit to us.

Some clubs have spent small fortunes upgrading facilities and keep them maintained but that's not something I would expect a Clyde supporter to understand.

50 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

The licensing means things like having a certain size/slope of pitch, cover for 500 spectators, a certain standard of floodlight, disability requirements etc, as well as other stuff such as having a doctor present at games. If clubs aren't able to fulfil those criteria then they should be nowhere near the league. 

I believe a grace period will be allowed in any case should teams not meet the standard.

6 minutes ago, David W said:

The licensing means things like having a certain size/slope of pitch, cover for 500 spectators, a certain standard of floodlight, disability requirements etc, as well as other stuff such as having a doctor present at games. If clubs aren't able to fulfil those criteria then they should be nowhere near the league. 

I believe a grace period will be allowed in any case should teams not meet the standard.

Licensing obviously beneficial in the long run but raising the bar being pushed through by a group led by a league 2 chairman who has previously pleaded for relegation to be removed doesn’t sit right. Particularly when we have clubs as high as the championship just now on an entry level license who wouldn’t currently meet the criteria. 

12 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Can't agree with that. Some clubs will throw all their resource at players, Johnstone Burgh being the latest, whilst others upgrade facilities to make it a better experience for fans i.e. decent toilets, cover for away fans in winter and  so on. If you are allowed to ignore minimum standards then clearly you will be able to spemd more on players and climb the leagues.