Clyde Season 23/24

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Well we can't fault him so far , scored 7 I think so far and played a few positions , really gets stuck in and good at getting back when needs to really looks like he's loving the game when playing and the style Tids is trying to play 

That's good to hear!

To be honest it always looked like he had it in him. He seems like a great lad and there's no doubt that Clyde hasn't been a great place to be for the past few seasons so fair play to him for moving and kicking on.

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Fair play to him then, because that’s complete opposite to the player we had. Especially the tracking back and getting stuck in bit. That was one of the main things that got to  folk. Everyone knew he has some ability but when played wide he wasn’t interested in defending or covering back. Through the middle he was just a coward and never challenged.

Perhaps shows what a change can do for some players. 

Perhaps shows what happens when a player is valued, motivated and well-coached?

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Perhaps shows what happens when a player is valued, motivated and well-coached?

That’s one way to look at it obviously but also still question his attitude while he was at us also. 

Anyway not our player now so no point in continuing discussing him now really 

2 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Anyway not our player now so no point in continuing discussing him now really 

I actually disagree. I think it really highlights the malaise that’s been around the club for the last few years. 

If you were having a shite time at work, being badly managed, filling in at a department you’re unfamiliar with, in an underperforming team, it’s going to have an affect on your output. It’s the same with footballers. The fact that Cunningham has went to Kelty, been played in his actual position, and even in pre-season has looked more of a player than he ever looked for Clyde says so much about how the squad has been handled. 

If your getting paid you should at least try. Certainly if you are having a bad time it will affect your confidence etc but he never tried a leg, particularly last year when he was our Captain and we needed our so called better players to turn up and as I say at least put a bit of a shift in.

4 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

If your getting paid you should at least try. Certainly if you are having a bad time it will affect your confidence etc but he never tried a leg, particularly last year when he was our Captain and we needed our so called better players to turn up and as I say at least put a bit of a shift in.

I never thought he was a world beater- but to be fair he had a couple of nasty falls and broke his collar bone on two separate occasions.

Maybe he’s due some slack- but not defending how he was handled position wise and probably was rushed back too soon. 
If we had an u20’s set up match fitness could be achieved in advance of an underperforming return to first team squad.

We know Rennie can find the back of the net, but lacks the ability to be a target man. So, a speedy winger or two with reasonable delivery might just be the solution. 

cue Rennie getting double fracture first game of the season.