Clyde Season 23/24

3 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

He’s not a jumped up wee fud, so that’s a plus. 

Ok that's fine, if you find that important as a part time football manager,   I think it is more important that they win football matches..

Who would you appoint as YOUR CLUB manager ,  apparently the list includes McCall, McIntyre, McInally, Fowler do any of them wet your knickers....

23 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Ok that's fine, if you find that important as a part time football manager,   I think it is more important that they win football matches..

Who would you appoint as YOUR CLUB manager ,  apparently the list includes McCall, McIntyre, McInally, Fowler do any of them wet your knickers....

I’m not sure why Kennedy is wetting your knickers so much but each to their own.

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Lets see, James Fowler, a guy who played over 400 games in Scottish football, a large amount of them in the top division, who then went on to be manager of Kilmarnock and Sunderland for a short while, and has also been head of football operations at Kilmarnock.

Or

Mick Kennedy, a guy who made money (how, btw?) and decided he fancied being a football manager. Bought his way in to Colville Park amateurs, loaded their squad with guys on wages they couldn't afford, took all the plaudits when they won things then left them to go bust. He moved on to Darvel who he loaded with players they couldn't afford, took plaudits when they won things then fucked off and left them with a pool of players they couldn't afford, leading to the board literally begging for ANYONE to come on board with investment to help them stay afloat (all while Kennedy claims it's not his fault). Now he's at East Kilbride, loading them up with players they can't afford...

It's a real head scratcher.

Aye, but apart from that...

I actually think if you asked fans of every club in League 1 and League 2 to choose between James Fowler and Mick Kennedy to be their clubs next manager and outlined all of the metadata, there wouldn't be many choosing Kennedy. Maybe 10%? I certainly don't know any Clyde fans that would want him.

10 hours ago, Passionate said:

Literally every one of those options is better than having Mick Kennedy.

The only positive of having Kennedy would be he might actually completely overhaul the squad in January for better or worse 

55 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Fowler, obviously. It shouldn't even be a question, for all the reasons outlined by more eloquent posters previously.

I will play devil's advocate.here,   you need to win Football matches and improve the quality of player in January,  I think we all agree on that,    Who has the more impressive win  record in modern football and is more current about the abilities and availability of lower league talented footballers.....    That man would probably be Ian McCall......never mind Kennedy...

Do you not think your club needs a shot in the arm, and try something different,  This strong and stable approach has seen your club suffer death by a thousand cuts...

14 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Do you not think your club needs a shot in the arm, and try something different,  This strong and stable approach has seen your club suffer death by a thousand cuts...

Appreciate the point you think you are making here but we have had 6 different permanent managers in the last decade. 

Duffy (x2)

Ferguson

Chapman

Lennon

McLean

The only time we have had any stability on and off the park was under Danny Lennons tenure and he saw us promoted to league 1 for the first time in a decade. 

The last time we tried something different we got in Barry Ferguson who also relied on throwing money about, recruiting players from leagues above, recruiting in huge numbers ( used over 100 players in 3 years) and had no experience managing at this level and he nearly got us relegated.

We are a dumpster fire of a club at the moment and need strong leadership on and off the park. Inviting narcissistic charlatans into the fold is not how you get out the hole we are in 

Edited by Ocelot1877

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

I will play devil's advocate.here,   you need to win Football matches and improve the quality of player in January,  I think we all agree on that,    Who has the more impressive win  record in modern football and is more current about the abilities and availability of lower league talented footballers.....    That man would probably be Ian McCall......never mind Kennedy...

McCall is waiting in the wings, likely chain smoking 50 a day, biding his time for the right offer. He'll want something back in the Championship or QoS If Marv gets the bullet. Can't see him in L2 but you never know.

Good luck to the Bully Wee in finding the right manager to steer them away from the trapdoor. Tough times for both them and Elgin