Clyde Season 23/24

6 minutes ago, Broonaldo said:

It being a “Mickey Mouse” league is all relative …..

It's not. The LL has literally made a laughing stock of itself. That's not to say that all the teams taking part are a joke. I have the utmost respect for the Rose having attended many of your games over the years. Great club. It's not the Rose's fault that the LL is like this and it's unfortunate that to try and get to the SPFL you need to pass through it. The league itself should absolutely be sneered at. As @The Moonster said there was an opportunity there to create a great thing but that hasn't happened at all. Up until this season I was playing in the Glasgow colleges amateur league and I wouldn't dream of calling it 'Mickey Mouse'. The standard of a league does not a joke make.

Honestly mate, I think you've lost track of what your argument was.

Most of your post you're arguing my point for me, albeit badly given that Newcastle have won nothing and currently sit 8th in the English Premier League table.

23 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It's not. The LL has literally made a laughing stock of itself. That's not to say that all the teams taking part are a joke. I have the utmost respect for the Rose having attended many of your games over the years. Great club. It's not the Rose's fault that the LL is like this and it's unfortunate that to try and get to the SPFL you need to pass through it. The league itself should absolutely be sneered at. As @The Moonster said there was an opportunity there to create a great thing but that hasn't happened at all. Up until this season I was playing in the Glasgow colleges amateur league and I wouldn't dream of calling it 'Mickey Mouse'. The standard of a league does not a joke make.

Honestly mate, I think you've lost track of what your argument was.

Most of your post you're arguing my point for me, albeit badly given that Newcastle have won nothing and currently sit 8th in the English Premier League table.

If you’re saying the running / management of the LL (and the SPFL) is a joke, then I’d definitely agree with you there. There’s plenty of examples - entry of the B teams parachuting into the LL; Rose being forced to install floodlights with unrealistic deadlines before we got accepted into the LL, the fact there’s a LL / HL playoff to get entry into the SPFL …. I’m sure there’s plenty others that showcase all that’s bad with Scottish football, so if that’s what we’re saying is making it a Mickey Mouse league then I’m in complete agreement.

56 minutes ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Which is why it was so marvellous when Cowdenbeath went crashing down into it :thumsup2

You are somewhat obsessed with Cowdenbeath. It’s quite touching really, in a sort of creepy way.

On 02/04/2024 at 17:45, Cowdenleith said:

You are somewhat obsessed with Cowdenbeath. It’s quite touching really, in a sort of creepy way.

You come onto the Clyde thread and tell our support we are obsessed with your nonsense of a bottom half LL club. It’s almost as if someone wants back in the Scottish pyramid, my bad you’re an Cowdenbeath supporter and couldn’t hit the 30pt mark in L2. Even though it’s dull being a Clyde fan, I would much rather be in our situation than yours. So away you go and enjoy your away day at Gretna.

12 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

You come onto the Clyde thread and tell our support we are obsessed with your nonsense of a bottom half LL club. It’s almost as if someone wants back in the Scottish pyramid, my bad you’re an Cowdenbeath supporter and couldn’t hit the 30pt mark in L2. Even though it’s dull being a Clyde fan, I would much rather be in our situation than yours. So away you go and enjoy your away day at Gretna.

Rather strange and unnecessary post. Is Jackass your burner account?

I came on this thread as a football fan, if Cowdenbeath were mentioned it was only in the passing or for context.

Then your resident idiot twin out of the blue brought up Cowdenbeath on the Clyde thread which was weird, but then he pops up on our thread with his pearls of wisdom quite a lot, so no surprise.

12 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

This is unhinged stuff.

It really does look like wee JC has a few going! 'BullyWeeClydeFc' and 'Wee man the jackass' both share his enraged, mashing-the-keyboard-through-tears-whilst-calling-everyone-else-triggered-snowflakes style of posting.

You simply cannot help but laugh at them!

I really don't want us to get relegated, but now it'd almost be worth it to have 'BullyWeeClydeFc' jump in his silly little car and have to head to Gretna for an away day for that comment. The patter almost demands it, the stupid man!

Edited by Brian Carrigan

Interesting Allan Maitland interview on the Clyde website. He positively name checked at least six folk at the club, but no mention of the chairman. Seems strange as he must at least have a working relationship with him. Any word of who the next chairman will be?

39 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Interesting Allan Maitland interview on the Clyde website. He positively name checked at least six folk at the club, but no mention of the chairman. Seems strange as he must at least have a working relationship with him. Any word of who the next chairman will be?

Enjoyed the 'Some of the staff haven't conducted themselves well' bit. Wonder who he could possibly have been referencing?!

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This is unhinged stuff.

It really does look like wee JC has a few going! 'BullyWeeClydeFc' and 'Wee man the jackass' both share his enraged, mashing-the-keyboard-through-tears-whilst-calling-everyone-else-triggered-snowflakes style of posting.

You simply cannot help but laugh at them! ...

I think he's a Celtic fan?? I've only posted once about Cheery McChew and got one negative reply from an acocount called "When Reality Kicks In". That account seems to be linked to a 'Jimmy Boo' and they both seem to post on Celtic.

Really like the way Alan Maitland talks whenever he's interviewed - he just seems like a competent football guy. Anybody else feeling weirdly confident about Saturday??

8 minutes ago, The Woolly Bee said:

I think he's a Celtic fan?? I've only posted once about Cheery McChew and got one negative reply from an acocount called "When Reality Kicks In". That account seems to be linked to a 'Jimmy Boo' and they both seem to post on Celtic.

Really like the way Alan Maitland talks whenever he's interviewed - he just seems like a competent football guy. Anybody else feeling weirdly confident about Saturday??

When Reallity Kicks In loves a downvote in here (downvote incoming in 3,2,1…)

I’m also quite confident about Saturday, although that has come back to bite me on the arse before this season.

We need to win. Anything less just won’t do.

26 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Don’t call yourself a supporter if you would relegate “your team” so a P&B person can prove he is a Clyde fan. I don’t wish to comment my name although I’m always at the top right of the stadium with the standing section. This is a huge game on Saturday and could be the difference on our survival so let’s all be there and make some noice, which would shut the golfclubbers up. 🇾🇪🇾🇪🇾🇪

As a golfer I am offended (but not deeply enough to report you to the Police) by that comment and the blatant attempt to introduce a new reason to cause a schism in the Clyde support.

3 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

When Reallity Kicks In loves a downvote in here (downvote incoming in 3,2,1…)

Amazingly, 'BullyWeeClydeFc' has downvoted all of my recent posts on here in the last hour.

Spectacularly petty in the most cringeworthy way, you simply must tip your hat.

On 04/04/2024 at 15:28, Brian Carrigan said:

Amazingly, 'BullyWeeClydeFc' has downvoted all of my recent posts on here in the last hour.

Spectacularly petty in the most cringeworthy way, you simply must tip your hat.

We obviously aren’t a huge fan of each other but let’s just support our team and respect each other. We are both on this site to talk about Clyde so we may not agree with all of each other’s opinions but I’m sure we will agree on future opinions. I don’t want to be known as a “troll” like Jimmy Choo, I just want to show my passion and love for my team. Let’s all hope for a massive 3pts tomorrow which would get us off the foot of the table, as the feeling would be incredible.🇾🇪🇾🇪🇾🇪