Clyde Season 23/24

5 minutes ago, standman said:

How’s Alex King been doing for Clyde?

Not impressed. He’s been playing at left back which probably isn’t his position to be fair but for a guy on loan from two levels above he is nothing special. He also looks like he can’t be arsed when things aren’t going our way.

10 hours ago, standman said:

He's very much playing like a guy that has no skin in the game.

To be honest, it's hard to blame him. He's needlessly being played out of position. No matter how badly he plays at left back, he keeps getting turned out there despite the fact that a) we could probably do with his delivery higher up the park and b) we have a perfectly serviceable speciality left back on the bench

I will say in King's defence, he is capable of changing a game. Two crucial screamers this season plus stopping a goalbound shot vs Bonnyrigg shortly before putting in the cross for our winner. Strong case he has turned 2 points into 9 there.

9 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

I will say in King's defence, he is capable of changing a game. Two crucial screamers this season plus stopping a goalbound shot vs Bonnyrigg shortly before putting in the cross for our winner. Strong case he has turned 2 points into 9 there.

Yeah honestly I think he's a very good player, and had he been played consistently in his more natural position I'd imagine we'd probably have seen a very different Alex King. However, not to be.

I’d say he’s been hugely disappointing, again like others say  he has been played at LB where he clearly struggles, so I think his apparent lack of appetite during games may be that he simply doesn’t enjoy playing there. 
That said he often doesn’t look interested and has severe issues with concentration which results in him needlessly giving the ball away or simple puts it out the park. 
He has ability no doubt and physically, hence the disappointment, playing in midfield with a experienced vocal player beside would make a huge difference. He needs a rocket up his backside if you ask me.

Unfortunately we don’t have a greeting face git in the whole squad when once we had Goodwillie, Love and Rankin etc. 

I’m probably in the minority here but I actually prefer King playing at left back to playing in midfield! I don’t mind him playing off the right either as is capable of a wonder goal or a great delivery. However, whilst he did have a stinker on Saturday, I actually think he’s been quite solid at left back and grabbed a couple of assists there too (Bonnyrigg and Stenhousemuir). I think if played in the middle of the park the game can pass him by as he’s not particularly quick, aggressive or strong. I agree with some comments about his attitude but it is important to remember how young he is. I’m not sure it’s that he doesn’t care as maybe losing confidence.

In saying all of that, there’s always a part of you that thinks he’s been a disappointment but that may be due to some of the hype surrounding his arrival (plus the stunning goal he scored on his debut that had us expecting more). However, whilst he hasn’t had a Scott Banks level of impact, I do think he’s contributed a reasonable amount for a 19 year-old. From Morton’s perspective, I’m sure he’ll return there a better player.

12 hours ago, standman said:

Shocking. Should be on the bench, his position is LB and RM. At LB he is a massive liability, at RM he scores a wonder goal every couple of months but mostly hides.

3 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

Have we heard anything from our own Jimmy Choo in the last few weeks???

Our up turn in form has coincided with him switching accounts. 

Cheers for the replies regarding King.

i was hoping he’d be doing well in midfield.

At least he is getting game time though it’s baffling why he’s at left back as anything other than an emergency.

Hopefully we are bringing a big turnout away to Dumbarton. It’s another cup final so a huge support would be brilliant, although I think we need 6pts to survive. If we survive this year, with AM in the club the future may be bright for the bully wee. 🇾🇪🇾🇪🇾🇪

It’s getting to the end of the season and every point makes a difference. With that in mind we need to finally find our best Starting XI. Mine is as follows:

Kinnaer

Dunachie Sula Hamilton McGinn

Grant Ballantyne

Cuddihy                                   Kabia

Scullion

JA9

22 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

It’s getting to the end of the season and every point makes a difference. With that in mind we need to finally find our best Starting XI. Mine is as follows:

Kinnaer

Dunachie Sula Hamilton McGinn

Grant Ballantyne

Cuddihy                                   Kabia

Scullion

JA9

McGinn won't start. He should but he won't. 

On 08/04/2024 at 09:50, Uncle Albert said:

Have we heard anything from our own Jimmy Choo in the last few weeks???

Sorry old friend I've missed you to. I have been lost for words since we started winning. I'm looking forward to all the fresh abuse i will endure now i have replied to you.

5 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Sorry old friend I've missed you to. I have been lost for words since we started winning. I'm looking forward to all the fresh abuse i will endure now i have replied to you.

Welcome Back ! It's been a bit too quite aroud here without you!!

You have to be pleased now that we have hit a bit of form and have (finally) hauled ourselves off the bottom of the pile??

21 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Does this mean you're now open to the possibility of Clyde NOT being relegated this season? 

43 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Ian mc call has done an unbelievable job but our future is still in the balance 

I’ve doubted McCall since he came in after some of his baffling team selections. However at the end of the day if he keeps us up he has done his job very, very well.