Clyde Season 23/24

Didn't see that one coming, so fair play. I don't think the DoF structure is at all a bad thing when you've a rookie manager, so I wouldn't be averse to another, but it has to be someone with a keen eye for a player if recruitment is a key part of their remit. McLean couldn't sign any worse on his own, mind.

That's a very good start. It was a joke Duffy was appointed in the first place let alone kept on. The statement is pish but I don't care much about that.

It doesn't come close to solving all our issues but it's a step in the right direction.

I don't have any faith in McLean unfortunately but at least he'll have a chance to do his own thing now.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Well that’s progress at least. Interesting to see what will happen now?
Certainly give McLean a chance, ultimately I’m not sure he is the answer but nice if he can get some verbal support from the “crowd” tomorrow. If nothing just to get some confidence around him and the players.  
Will go to the game now, besides I’m used to Peterhead beating us anyway. 

Just now, FREDDYFRY said:

Well that’s progress at least. Interesting to see what will happen now?
Certainly give McLean a chance, ultimately I’m not sure he is the answer but nice if he can get some verbal support from the “crowd” tomorrow. If nothing just to get some confidence around him and the players.  
Will go to the game now, besides I’m used to Peterhead beating us anyway. 

Chairman publicly backing the decision to appoint Duffy last week.........confidence inspiring eh?

6 hours ago, Wee man the jackass said:

I made a profile because I am a supporter of the great institution that is Clyde Football Club !!! And I won't be silenced by those who don't like to hear the truth either as hard as it might be to hear for some and speaking of that maybe it's time for a bit of TRUST ???

😉 

6 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Gordon Thomson quoted as blaming injuries to players as a main factor in his failure in the role of DoF. 

I disagree with that but glad he’s away nonetheless.

Duffy should never have been brought back in November, or kept on at the end of last season.

He had one good season and was probably a bit unlucky not to get us promoted. However, he had a freakish amount of luck in terms of injuries during 13-14. We basically were able to stick the same 12 or 13 players out every week. 

I don't think it's a totally wild idea to highlight injuries though. I think we possibly beat Annan with something approaching a full strength team. We played okay against Spartans but by halftime the following week had three more players injured. 

It's possible for Duffy to have been a terrible appointment and for that to have been compounded by some bad luck. Add those together and you get rubbish like Wednesday.

I can't wait to see what our next step is. McLean will definitely need help, and we definitely need players. 

Just now, David W said:

Duffy should never have been brought back in November, or kept on at the end of last season.

He had one good season and was probably a bit unlucky not to get us promoted. However, he had a freakish amount of luck in terms of injuries during 13-14. We basically were able to stick the same 12 or 13 players out every week. 

I don't think it's a totally wild idea to highlight injuries though. I think we possibly beat Annan with something approaching a full strength team. We played okay against Spartans but by halftime the following week had three more players injured. 

It's possible for Duffy to have been a terrible appointment and for that to have been compounded by some bad luck. Add those together and you get rubbish like Wednesday.

I can't wait to see what our next step is. McLean will definitely need help, and we definitely need players. 

Help to the car park

Fantastic news that Duffy is away. Hopefully this can be a kickstart to a more positive era for the club with all the investment talk and Crownpoint decision seemingly on the horizon.

I did think that the statement quoting injuries is a bit of a cop out. Duffy and the board had a lot of time to plan sitting in 9th place for potential League Two football and to identify signings. We've ended up signing/retaining players who are already injured to start the season and not having any solid backups in place, right back would be a prime example of this.

I think we'll get horsed tomorrow off Peterhead but hopefully some more communication on the replacement of Duffy will be our positive for the week... IF the board have planned anything...

1 hour ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Chairman publicly backing the decision to appoint Duffy last week.........confidence inspiring eh?

Dreaded vote of confidence eh? Writing on the wall thankfully 

Edited by FREDDYFRY