Stirling Albion Season 23/24 Onwards Thread

32 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

Thank you.

Recently taken over the role with not much experience but trying to produce the best possible 

Have to agree with what @Riviera711 has said above - really decent work for the highlights package.  Forthbank looks a very tidy stadium, just right size for clubs at this level and that grass pitch ... 👌

28 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

Go for it 

Would be interested to hear about loan signings or potential loan signings. Is that something that is holding off until season has started to see what he needs or is he actively pursuing and talking to clubs.

Also we are seeing alot of the youth players in and around the squad, who has impressed him the most so far and who does he see making the step up this season?

Living away from Stirling, I really appreciate the highlights @TheWestStand.  I would actually agree that the long intro isn't needed, so if that saves you a bit of time I'd be all for chopping it... but maybe others watch it a different way from how I do.

The first thing I do is skip forward to where I see the team sheets and go from there.

And it''s by no means the most important thing, but I always feel like it's the graphics that let us down.  Would be lovely if a graphics designing supporter would volunteer to make some for the team sheets and top left corner score, as well as some swishy replay graphics.  That's not me though sadly!

@TheWestStand, appreciate the work you do behind the scenes regarding highlights and interviews along with everything else you do for the club. We definitely have one of the higher quality products in terms of highlights packages in the lower leagues. 

As people have suggested intro can probably be cut to just some goals hitting the back of the net rather than some build up like in the stenny away one. 

There is a graphics team based in Stirling I use for my own teams stuff maybe they are worth contacting for help for the video side of things, your stuff on twitter etc is very good, company name is Terrace graphics.

Keep up the good work though mate 

That was very encouraging. Didn't look out of our depth against a team surely targeting playoffs again this season. If anything, I think we edged it. Referee was a shambles. Have no idea what the Alloa freekick was for and really not sure about our penalty. But on the whole, we have a solid team that clearly has good foundations from last season, while Hilson and Milne have added quality. Really positive. 

10 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Buzzing with the start to the season so far. Confidence still running high.

Likewise. I couldn't go last night as I had already bought tickets for a gig in Glasgow (however I wouldn't have paid the money to go to The Recs anyway), but i'm absolutely delighted at the result, although not really surprised after the Arbroath and Ayr performances. 

Another win on the board today, very encouraging signs, wasn't at todays game but seen the alloa match, think Hilson and Milne are two fantastic additions to the squad, they add to what we already have and play the way how Darren wants them to fit in.

Hope I don't come back to regret this but definitely think we have enough to be finishing lower mid table quite comfortably this season, and build again for next.

1 hour ago, unitedbino said:

We kind of fell out the game a bit in the second half today, but very encouraged by our performances so far. Would still like an out-and-out winger to be signed, though

my thoughts as well. Someone with pace that can get in behind the full backs

Some very positive signs again today. A 2 goal lead but fell away a bit in the second half. Players still building up their fitness. Agree about a winger but also think we are light in defence. Hopefully Paul McLean can stay fit for the whole season. Hilson and Milne look great signings. 

The young team have zero interest in supporting the club. Chucking a cup of juice at a Stenny player taking a throw in, pushing each other over seats and 40+ of them leaving after 75 minutes. Not great. 

Yeah, that’s my experience of them as well @Believe The Hype and they don’t paint the club in a positive light. I get that the Board see them as the future of the club and they need to be welcomed and encouraged but I don’t think they are. There are plenty of other youngsters throughout the club that are there for the right reasons that we should concentrate on before these lads.

Anyway, thought we played well again yesterday, by and large I thought we played some really good football, looked well organised and showed again that we’ll be ok this season. Obviously a rotated side, but I thought Carrick & Hilson were exceptional and were the clear stand outs.

Heard a few Stenny fans in the car park saying a draw would have been fair, can get that because it was a game of 2 half’s and Blair Currie had to look lively a couple of times.

Dale Hilson again heavily involved in the second goal and making a nuisance of himself, been very impressed with him so far.

Well done to @TheWestStand for the highlights and taking the feedback on board about the intro. Loved that the video started straight into the teams coming out. Top stuff

Manager saying after match McGeachie is out for a month with a toe injury, Josh Cooper back soon and seemed to hint here is money there in budget for new players but only if the right player comes up - I don't think he is actively looking for any particular position

Edited by Quentin Taranbino

37 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Well done to @TheWestStand for the highlights and taking the feedback on board about the intro. Loved that the video started straight into the teams coming out. Top stuff

Thank you.

I'm sure you'll be interested to know they were edited at 5am this morning after a night on the town 😂

8 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

Thank you.

I'm sure you'll be interested to know they were edited at 5am this morning after a night on the town 😂

Are you going to be adding your highlights package to the Highlights 2023-24 thread this season?

Edited by Riviera711

On 23/07/2023 at 13:43, BB_Bino said:

Yeah, that’s my experience of them as well @Believe The Hype and they don’t paint the club in a positive light. I get that the Board see them as the future of the club and they need to be welcomed and encouraged but I don’t think they are. There are plenty of other youngsters throughout the club that are there for the right reasons that we should concentrate on before these lads.

I see that today's Stirling Observer is carrying a piece about the behaviour of individuals in the self-styled 1945 Crew and in particular that Alloa FC have sought recompense for seats damaged by the neds during the cup match at the Recs last week.  

Drawing upon the statement on the SAFC website, the newspaper also refers to Morrisons supermarket having complained to the club about fighting in the store after the Ayr cup game.

Last season I urged that the club needed to get a grip on the behaviour of these cretins and take steps to exclude them thus preserving the good name of the club.  These youths really now are in the "last chance saloon" and are on a final warning.  I urge all supporters, regardless of affiliation, to report any future incidents to SAFC so that we can rid ourselves of the cancer that is the 1945 Crew.