Stirling Albion Season 23/24 Onwards Thread

On 09/05/2024 at 22:28, the philosopher said:

I do understand your frustration ,a town/city the size of Stirling should probably be in the championship.

I was at Stirling Uni when they were in the Championship (or equivalent) in 1996-7 which was a fairly successful era for the Binos. You wouldn't know Stirling had it's own team judging by the cheeks shirt wearing fuds you saw around the place and I doubt much has changed. 

This isn't unique to Stirling of course but is maybe a reason why they haven't been more successful over the years. 

6 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Here we go again...the rollercoaster of being a bino...don't know if i feel sick or just ill with nerves 

C'mon the bino's...let's get together & get result we need today 💪 🇵🇪

Wait, I thought your club's safety was never in doubt.

I kept on reading that you'd be fine.  How did it all turn out anyway?

Thought the Falkirk fans might have better things to do but nevermind.

An ending that pretty much sums up the season.

Can't take chances so can't win games.

A distinct lack of belief and composure. Not just the missed chances but the crosses shanked out from promising positions.

Got what we deserved today and for the season.

Absolutely gutted.

4 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

The season just gets better and better. Delighted that the 12 points the Bairns took off the struggling contributed to their relegation. Milton or Bannockburn would have put up a better fight. 

Congratulations on your one season of not being the punchline of Scottish football. Enjoy it while it lasts

Ultimately a huge missed opportunity to consolidate in L1. It shouldn't have been beyond us to stay up this season. Now we're back down in the L2 quagmire which will be just as difficult to get out as it was last time.

My fear starting this season was our midfield would be too weak and we wouldn't have enough attacking creativity. The first few months had me thinking I'd called it wrong. I'd started on the humble pie, but ultimately my fears were realised. Not enough was done to improve the squad.

By the time new players arrived (Crane, McPake, Offord etc) DY was chopping and changing so much in a desperate to find something that would work no chemistry was ever likely to develop.

Ironically, the 3-4-3 shape we ended up using in the second half today seemed to suit us. I wonder if we'd attempted that before the final 45 minutes of the season, maybe we would have finished eighth and not ninth? Hypothetical, of course. 

Some big decisions are needed this summer. A lot of the squad needs cleared out. The midfield has to be a priority. We also need a new Robert Thomson-type striker. Our attacking options were too similar this season. Not enough variety.

A strange season, but ultimately we can't complain. We got what we deserved.

16 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Ultimately a huge missed opportunity to consolidate in L1. It shouldn't have been beyond us to stay up this season. Now we're back down in the L2 quagmire which will be just as difficult to get out as it was last time.

My fear starting this season was our midfield would be too weak and we wouldn't have enough attacking creativity. The first few months had me thinking I'd called it wrong. I'd started on the humble pie, but ultimately my fears were realised. Not enough was done to improve the squad.

By the time new players arrived (Crane, McPake, Offord etc) DY was chopping and changing so much in a desperate to find something that would work no chemistry was ever likely to develop.

Ironically, the 3-4-3 shape we ended up using in the second half today seemed to suit us. I wonder if we'd attempted that before the final 45 minutes of the season, maybe we would have finished eighth and not ninth? Hypothetical, of course. 

Some big decisions are needed this summer. A lot of the squad needs cleared out. The midfield has to be a priority. We also need a new Robert Thomson-type striker. Our attacking options were too similar this season. Not enough variety.

We were absolutely dire. 3-4-3 did look better but why not try earlier? Rudi did ok but the forwards were shocking, blootering shots out the ground.

I'm not convinced DY is the right man anymore. His body language isn't good but who knows what's going on behind the scene. We've signed the Uni striker so hopefully that might help because our chronic goal shortage has been our downfall. If we can't beat 4th place L2 Dumbarton at home (no offence) then it doesn't bode well for L2.

6 minutes ago, SA45 said:

We were absolutely dire. 3-4-3 did look better but why not try earlier? Rudi did ok but the forwards were shocking, blootering shots out the ground.

I'm not convinced DY is the right man anymore. His body language isn't good but who knows what's going on behind the scene. We've signed the Uni striker so hopefully that might help because our chronic goal shortage has been our downfall. If we can't beat 4th place L2 Dumbarton at home (no offence) then it doesn't bode well for L2.

Also crowd looked low today. It'll be even lower next season so club have a lot to do. I doubt I'll renew season ticket and just pick and chose home games. Away, might manage Clyde, EF, Bonnyrigg, ECFC, maybe Forfar and either Dumbarton or Spartans. Peterhead/Elgin too far (for me).

All my worst fears came true

Didn't upgrade the defence or the midfield and we paid for it.

Once plan A ( last seasons squad and tactics) started to fail we never found a suitable plan B.

Tactical failures especially away from home. Failure to score enough at home even when we did play OK. 

I'm gonna renew but I'm sure its going to be quieter. It's infuriating to be going straight back down.

I'm not enthused about another season in league two and knowing Darren Young he may well get most of the band back together again....

Just gutting.

19 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Right up yous

And I thought Falkirk were bad winners. Can you not focus on your own team's great season without the need to gloat about other teams misfortunes?

1 hour ago, SA45 said:

And I thought Falkirk were bad winners. Can you not focus on your own team's great season without the need to gloat about other teams misfortunes?

No 

1 hour ago, SA45 said:

I’m afraid that’s a stupid comment. We’ve had to deal with clubs we didn’t even know had a hatred of us gloat and rejoice in our disasters over the last few years. The extent of this gloating has been so extensive it would challenge even the jibs Sevco took through the banter years.

so with that I’ll leave you with a haha and hope you are feeling proper resentment at your relegation 😊 I hope my comment makes you beg that Falkirk have a disaster next season. 

21 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

I hope my comment makes you beg that Falkirk have a disaster next season. 

Don't need to beg, mate. You don't have to wait very long for a Falkirk disaster.

3 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Thought the Falkirk fans might have better things to do but nevermind.

An ending that pretty much sums up the season.

Can't take chances so can't win games.

A distinct lack of belief and composure. Not just the missed chances but the crosses shanked out from promising positions.

Got what we deserved today and for the season.

Absolutely gutted.

Gutted for you too as a really decent poster, pal. Have a bottle(or two) of a good "full bodied" red. 

22 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

I’m afraid that’s a stupid comment. We’ve had to deal with clubs we didn’t even know had a hatred of us gloat and rejoice in our disasters over the last few years. The extent of this gloating has been so extensive it would challenge even the jibs Sevco took through the banter years.

so with that I’ll leave you with a haha and hope you are feeling proper resentment at your relegation 😊 I hope my comment makes you beg that Falkirk have a disaster next season. 

We deserved to get relegated. My point was why the need to gloat in FFC & Stenny's case when you've had the best season possible? I'm not fussed about FFC next season, probably comfortably mid table, and Stenny likely straight back down if their last few months are anything to go by. I can see your point if it was Dunfermline, but coming onto to an Albion thread after they've been relegated is small time.

Hard lines lads , I put it down to you thumping 5 past us and don't think you did much after that , soak it up move on, next season just round the corner and a possible title challenge on the cards this is our level and it's very very fine margins , not great just now but come July the buzz will be back ❤️

35 minutes ago, SA45 said:

We deserved to get relegated. My point was why the need to gloat in FFC & Stenny's case when you've had the best season possible? I'm not fussed about FFC next season, probably comfortably mid table, and Stenny likely straight back down if their last few months are anything to go by. I can see your point if it was Dunfermline, but coming onto to an Albion thread after they've been relegated is small time.

I am sorry SA went down and literally said it about a page or two ago.

Still think it was your own fault though.