Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

3 hours ago, BAFCyellowandblack said:

Good to see airidrie coming to Rockburn park Bellshill as part of both clubs pre seasons hopefully be a great game 

IMG_8569.jpeg

First class. We should play more friendlies like this. I think this is taking place during the final week of the League Cup however, so presumably we’ll send our U18s? 

47 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

I liked our old thread. Why couldn't it be moved? Suppose this will have to be our new home.

20 minutes ago, AirdrieFanTV said:

It doesn’t have to be.  Just nae idea how to move it. 

@Div and the other mods slacking! 

44 minutes ago, AirdrieFanTV said:

It doesn’t have to be.  Just nae idea how to move it. 

You’ll keep this thread for a year till your papped back to the seaside league where you belong you’ll get the old thread back then 

I've been to Airdrie a good number of times once with Inverness and the rest as a neutral and never seen an Airdire win at home.

Favourite memory was in a pub on Graham Street watching Paul Le Guen's Rangers getting pumped by Hibs

19 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

You’ll keep this thread for a year till your papped back to the seaside league where you belong you’ll get the old thread back then 

Threads usually take more than two pages to reach lows like this.

12 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Is there a hatred between Morton and Airdrie or is @Cowshed just trying really, really hard?

Can't really see a history of edginess: the COVID season play off was too late for our depleted squad and an easy Morton win

Prior to that it would be the season where Morton fell apart after being well ahead and the Diamonds triumphed. 

The linesman one was a game I missed but my mates still talk about it.

The seats in that main stand are surely for midgets is the one memory I have from my last visit. 

Welcome back Airdrie!

Ayr: Section B, w**k w**k w**k!

Airdrie: Where’s your crossbar gone, where’s your crossbar gone!

Ayr: Bill Barr, there’s only one Bill Barr!

Airdrie: Somerset is falling down!

Ayr: Clydebank, there’s only one Clydebank!

Airdrie: Ayr, Ayr, f**k yer Ayr

Repeat…

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Welcome back Airdrie!

Ayr: Section B, w**k w**k w**k!

Airdrie: Where’s your crossbar gone, where’s your crossbar gone!

Ayr: Bill Barr, there’s only one Bill Barr!

Airdrie: Somerset is falling down!

Ayr: Clydebank, there’s only one Clydebank!

Airdrie: Ayr, Ayr, f**k yer Ayr

Repeat…

Missed this rivalry! And missed an away day to Somerset! Is Mark Roberts still kicking a baw for yous? It’s been that long…near enough!

31 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Missed this rivalry! And missed an away day to Somerset! Is Mark Roberts still kicking a baw for yous? It’s been that long…near enough!

Roberts and McManus up front, ripped the Championship apart.  Beat Partick 8-0 in the play-offs but score line reversed on appeal as McManus was ineligible 😢

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Is there a hatred between Morton and Airdrie or is @Cowshed just trying really, really hard?

No, he's correct and I've witnessed it after a match between the two at Cappielow on the way back to the railway station. Punches thrown, stones thrown at bystanders, more fighting, Airdrie stone throwers getting chased. Airdrie fan taunting random travellers at station and getting knocked on his arse by an old guy.

Good times.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Years ago they put a picture on their programme around armistice day of nazi troops, but they have (or at least used to) have a heavy following of fans who done the Nazi salute regularly

5 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Years ago they put a picture on their programme around armistice day of nazi troops, but they have (or at least used to) have a heavy following of fans who done the Nazi salute regularly

On 31/05/2023 at 15:23, cb_diamond said:

"Airdire".

First square on the ooft bingo marked off 

Just Airdrie Utd, Clydebank, KKK, Nazis, Mini **** and Trump flag to go for the full house.

Another square ticked off.

And if I remember correctly a game against Gretna they got investigated for taunting a black player ( Matthew Berkeley ) while wearing Ku Klux Klan hats

hope this clears up the reasoning for my hatred toward such a rotten club