Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

And if I remember correctly a game against Gretna they got investigated for taunting a black player ( Matthew Berkeley ) while wearing Ku Klux Klan hats

hope this clears up the reasoning for my hatred toward such a rotten club 

And another 

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

Delighted to hear Josh Rae is still under contract that's a serious boost. Cal Gal as well.

Where did you hear this? Just seen it.

Edited by Diamond8

Can’t argue with either list. I make it that we’re still waiting to hear about ATS, Watson, Telfer, Frizzell, Gabby and Smith? Hopefully the latter three especially are retained. 

No surprises in that released list but would like to wish Euan Deveney all the best. He’s not (yet) good enough for the Championship but he did play his part and will forever be part of the team that FINALLY won a play-off and got us back up. Thank you for that. Not many players I’ve wanted to do well like I have Big Byrd but likewise, he’s not good enough or ready for the Championship either and we can’t afford to be carrying folk like that in our squad. 

Panicked when I saw Stuart Millar mentioned but that seems like the ideal role for him. Just keep him away from recruitment please!

Hard to argue too much with those players released. Thanks for their efforts, they all contributed either in terms of good performances (Deveney) or entertainment (Byrd being a big Australian, McCabe refusing to being Dixon on, Riley having the worst game I’ve ever seen) which is good enough for me.

2 hours ago, Lord Elron 44 said:

I've never forgiven them for the linesman incident when the boy jumped out the crowd with the Morton strip on and ran the line.

I forgave them when their team bet Airdrie to win the league and gifted us the title 

Pleased with the list of players definitely staying, if we can add Frizz and Gabby (and ideally Smith) that’s a decent core to add to.  Not too surprised about the departures, Deveney did ok  but never really saw too much of the others to make a judgment. As Telfer and ATS aren’t mentioned presumably we’re still at least in talks with them?

Great to see the list of players so far retained, especially Calum Gallagher, what a fantastic season he had last season. One of my all time favourite strikers for Airdrie.

I did say I was quietly confident about keeping hold of the core of the squad and I'm hoping that Frizz, Smithy and Gabby all sign back up ASAP. 

Best of wishes to Euan Deveney, he's came on and improved so much since last year and I hope he goes on to have a brilliant career, his goal at Montrose was one of the goals of the season. If any league 1 team needs a left back you could certainly do a lot worse.

Edited by David Fernández

6 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Great to see the list of players so far retained, especially Calum Gallagher, what a fantastic season he had last season. One of my all time favourite strikers for Airdrie.

I did say I was quietly confident about keeping hold of the core of the squad and I'm hoping that Frizz, Smithy and Gabby all sign back up ASAP. 

Best of wishes to Euan Deveney, he's came on and improved so much since last year and I hope he goes on to have a brilliant career, his goal at Montrose was one of the goals of the season. If any league 1 team needs a left back you could certainly do a lot worse.

If Daniel Church has left Alloa then they could do a lot worse than Deveney. He’s a similar kind of player and I’d say is decent League One left back at the moment with the potential to kick on. We’ve outgrown him a bit now and I do think it’s best for both that he moves on as he needs to play regularly. I certainly wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Welcome back Airdrie!

Ayr: Section B, w**k w**k w**k!

Airdrie: Where’s your crossbar gone, where’s your crossbar gone!

Ayr: Bill Barr, there’s only one Bill Barr!

Airdrie: Somerset is falling down!

Ayr: Clydebank, there’s only one Clydebank!

Airdrie: Ayr, Ayr, f**k yer Ayr

Repeat…

Looking forward to playing you boys again! Always one of my highlights and Somerset is one of my favourite away days. Especially incentivised to beat you this year so I don’t have to take a fortnight off work in fear of getting ripped by some school children.