Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

5 minutes ago, Jgs said:

Major lol at any Airdrie fan thinking they'd get any players ahead of Partick Thistle. 

If we want a player you want, we'll have him. If we want any of your players, we'll have him. If we ever wanted any manager of yours at any point, we'd have him too. 

The only time you'd sign a player ahead of us is if he was going to be a fringe player with us and wanted more playing time. We're just a bigger club in all conceivable ways. 

Funny u say that as Gabby McGill turned down an offer from yourselves to stay with us. Absolute arrogance of you is funny, sounding like a Falkirk fan.

16 minutes ago, Jgs said:

Major lol at any Airdrie fan thinking they'd get any players ahead of Partick Thistle. 

If we want a player you want, we'll have him. If we want any of your players, we'll have him. If we ever wanted any manager of yours at any point, we'd have him too. 

The only time you'd sign a player ahead of us is if he was going to be a fringe player with us and wanted more playing time. We're just a bigger club in all conceivable ways. 

10 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Funny u say that as Gabby McGill turned down an offer from yourselves to stay with us. Absolute arrogance of you is funny, sounding like a Falkirk fan.

1 minute ago, Jgs said:

Never heard of him. No big loss.

😂

1 minute ago, Jgs said:

He would have been a fringe player behind Graham and our other attacking players such as Fitzpatrick, Lawless, Robinson etc (never heard of the guy so don't even know if he's an out and out striker or what). 

Obviously doesn't back his ability to break into our team and wants to get more regular game time with yourselves, which is about the only situation you keep or get a player we want, as I stated. Thanks for trying though.

Aye that’s what he done turned down the offer cause he didn’t fancy himself 🤣🤣 

Thought eni alukos statement on talksport earlier was the worst of the day but you may have trumped it

4 minutes ago, Jgs said:

He would have been a fringe player behind Graham and our other attacking players such as Fitzpatrick, Lawless, Robinson etc (never heard of the guy so don't even know if he's an out and out striker or what). 

Obviously doesn't back his ability to break into our team and wants to get more regular game time with yourselves, which is about the only situation you keep or get a player we want, as I stated. Thanks for trying though.

Confirmation that it's Glasgow schools end of term.

4 minutes ago, Jgs said:

'Trying' what? I was laughing at you spending 3 paragraphs acting the big man, someone immediately pointing out one of your statements was rubbish, and then you dismissing it anyway.

35 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Aye that’s what he done turned down the offer cause he didn’t fancy himself 🤣🤣 

Thought eni alukos statement on talksport earlier was the worst of the day but you may have trumped it

10 minutes ago, Jgs said:

It's not rubbish. It fell perfectly within the scenarios of some no mark wanting game time, which he will get with yourselves but possibly not us. 

I wish him well. If he does well maybe we'll have him in future.

No big enough to keep Turner and a few others though .

1 hour ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

Including fans who are bigger a**eholes

8FFFBDC6-A416-45E6-8262-75EABB450BEF.thumb.jpeg.3edd6b415ffac111931736015341667a.jpeg

Aye, sound mate.

In any case, I think it’s pretty clear that we’d be a bigger draw for players than Airdrie in most cases. We’re an established second tier club, with some interludes into the top flight, get bigger crowds, get more exposure and can pay bigger wages. That doesn’t mean that literally every single player would choose us over Airdrie though, and fair play to McGill if he had turned us down to stay with yous. 

1 hour ago, Jgs said:

State of this hahah, virgin 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

8FFFBDC6-A416-45E6-8262-75EABB450BEF.thumb.jpeg.3edd6b415ffac111931736015341667a.jpeg

In any case, I think it’s pretty clear that we’d be a bigger draw for players than Airdrie in most cases. We’re an established second tier club, with some interludes into the top flight, get bigger crowds, get more exposure and can pay bigger wages. That doesn’t mean that literally every single player would choose us over Airdrie though, and fair play to McGill if he had turned us down to stay with yous. 

In fairness I doubt you'll find anyone that disagrees with you (even if reluctantly..). The bizarre big man act from this 'Jgs' character all stemmed from a comment from an Airdrie fan about us potentially being able to get a player over Partick, but the comment was specific in pointing out that it would only be because of Partick's financial issues that we might be able to get him. However as I said initially to that I doubt Partick's issues are as bad as people seem to think and will still be offering more for players than we are so unless the player already has some investment in Airdrie, like McGill, they would go to Partick.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

9 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

I couldn’t make Ross Owen’s charity match on Saturday but it looked like a great day and I wanted to support the cause given the back story. 

Set up this page in case anyone else wants to make a donation.

♦️F**k Cancer♦️

https://www.justgiving.com/page/super-david-hutton-1687902167786?utm_term=GNjeqmKey

There was a separate one the David made which has 6grand on it thst the club posted during the week

13 hours ago, Jgs said:

And I thought Falkirk fans were the biggest wallopers.