Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

1 minute ago, Diamond8 said:

What kind of fee we talking here? Shame he's not coming back on loan for the season as well.

Come on, the only certain thing about Devenny going was that the fee wouldn't be revealed. Like all young players it will be X amount with various add on's along the way. 20% cut of his 2027 transfer to Real Madrid should see us ok!

8 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Come on, the only certain thing about Devenny going was that the fee wouldn't be revealed. Like all young players it will be X amount with various add on's along the way. 20% cut of his 2027 transfer to Real Madrid should see us ok!

Even if he moved down the way to a Championship team in England a 20% cut could be substantial to us with the fees thrown about down there.

17 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Even if he moved down the way to a Championship team in England a 20% cut could be substantial to us with the fees thrown about down there.

No doubt, McNamara will also be rubbing his hands but he's a guy who doesn't sit comfortably with me and not for the John Davies incident in the early nineties.

His contract with Dundee United where he took a cut of outgoing transfer's smacks of a conflict of interest to me as how are meant to build a side knowing that you'll be better off financially selling a player. He's a wrong un to me!

I think the fee was around the 150 mark which if true is remarkable business, couldn’t agree to get him back on loan though.

Hearts want all of Connor smith wages covered which is close to 4 figures a week, not sure if we’d spend that kind of money on one player.

Is he good enough for that move? Genuine question, as if I saw him play against us last season I can't say he stood out particularly. 

Will be interesting to see if Wotherspoon was stalling on us until this deal got over the line and you could spaff all that money on his wages. 

3000 first team minutes must be a whole bunch more than Tony Watt, Liam Coogans and Jordan Allan had when they moved on? Would think somewhere in the £100-150k mark for Devenny.

Would hope we now go for O’Reilly & East. Weird that there hasn’t even been any murmurs that they’ve been training with anyone else so they will still be available. Ideally a loan signing to bolster midfield numbers as well. What’s Ben Wylie up to these days?