Norway (a) - 17/6/23

PSJ.84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, scottbamby said:

If anyone happens to have a spare ticket or two, for either end, give us a shout please. Didn’t manage to get any but thought bugger it and having a week in Norway anyway on the off chance 😂 

Was at the Ulevsal this afternoon. Got ticket myself but asked just out of interest. None on sale as game sold out. Ironically I was told to try the SFA 😀wouldn't worry too much as I suspect you might be able to pick one up from a local 

Edited by Anfield 1977

8 minutes ago, Anfield 1977 said:

Will also mention on arrival in Oslo main airport yesterday more than one hour at passport control. Maybe I had bad timing but met someone today had same experience  and that was with a couple of fans. Sober prepared to queue

1CB6DEBB-24E0-40BB-BE20-D7F7A784C8EE.jpeg

23 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It has been reported that Souttar is joining up with the squad today to be assessed by the SFA medical staff.

Thanks for that. I just read a newspaper article saying John Souttar has overcome his injury and was back in training with the Scotland team yesterday.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/23589565.john-souttar-injury-update-rangers-star-reports-scotland-duty/

A left of field thought to combat Haaland and virtually no chance of it happening 

Clarke could go with a 3 man central defence with big guys to add some physicality up against Haaland. 

Tierney could move into midfield to protect the back 3 ala John Stones

Gunn

Porteous - Hendry - Cooper

Tierney

Hickey - McTominay - McGregor - Robertson

McGinn - Dykes

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Clarke could go with a 3 man central defence with big guys to add some physicality up against Haaland. 

Flashbacks to Hanley-Cooper-McKenna v Denmark...

On 14/06/2023 at 10:54, TheScarf said:

I have a bad feeling about this, 2-0 Norway.

I don't know why but I'm feeling the exact same. We should be full of confidence right now and they aren't on a good run results wise but I just have a horrible feeling Odeggard and Halland are going to pull our pants down!

1 hour ago, Elgin Macca said:

I don't know why but I'm feeling the exact same. We should be full of confidence right now and they aren't on a good run results wise but I just have a horrible feeling Odeggard and Halland are going to pull our pants down!

It's a coin flip game so there's a fair chance we'll lose and there's not much in our history indicating we are good away from home against comparable nations. Austria away in September 2021 was probably the last significant victory away from home and we have also picked up important draws away to Ukraine, England while also beating lesser ranked nations. 

If it makes you feel any better, the victory over Spain affords us breathing space to lose to Norway and therefore you could look at it as a free hit. The game away to Turkey was probably prep for the away games like this so at least processes will have been refined and tested. To that end I noticed we will not holding a training session in Norway before the game.

A draw would be a fantastic result. I think this game will follow a similar pattern to tough away games away in Ukraine, Austria, England and at home to Spain where we defend a lot, play long and counter which has worked well. Steve Clarke said he wants to control this game more through possession. I can't see that happening personally - I think we'll have more of the ball than against Spain but I think it will mostly be a defensive performance.

Feel better? 😄

Edited by 2426255