Norway (a) - 17/6/23

PSJ.84

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given we've spent the last week or so in a training camp I'm actually feeling weirdly confident about this game. It's an unfamiliar feeling, and I'm not sure I like it, but I do feel we'll win this.

Bloody hell.

Norwegian manager is quite complimentary about Scotland but also I think was quite fair when he said the outcome of the game is more significant for Norway and that they didn't get a fair reward for their performances in March.

It's more crucial for us than for Scotland of course, but it's more that Scotland has had a really great start. I think we did really two good games, what messed up that a little bit - and we only got one point - is that Scotland beat Spain and that means it looks much better for us if we can beat Scotland and then everyone is beating each other at the start of the group.

I think first of all they are a very good team, they are a collective, good unit, hard working team who knows what they want to do defensively, offensively. I think they are on a strong run now both in the Nations League and in obviously the start now (European Qualifiers) so they obviously have confidence also.    

I personally like McGinn very much. I think he's a very effective player and I think that he has been really good  - especially after (Unai) Emery arrived in Aston Villa I think he's been really really good. Their central midfield duo has different qualities: McGregor is very good with the ball. McTominay, very good timing the runs into the penalty area, scoring a lot of goals. I think they also two high quality wing backs with especially Robertson on the left, but also Hickey has impressed me - what he has done in Brentford and in the National Team.

Stale Solbakken

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fvnqq9

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Norwegian manager is quite complimentary about Scotland but also I think was quite fair when he said the outcome of the game is more significant for Norway and that they didn't get a fair reward for their performances in March.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fvnqq9

I’ll assume that SSC has done just as much homework as Solbakken, I’m feeling strangely confident about this too, as I did v Spain. Tbh, a draw would be a great result, especially if we squeeze 3 at home to Georgia. 

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

I’ll assume that SSC has done just as much homework as Solbakken, I’m feeling strangely confident about this too, as I did v Spain. Tbh, a draw would be a great result, especially if we squeeze 3 at home to Georgia. 

If were being honest every man, woman and child would take a draw right now and so that tells you what you need to know going into the game.

I'll probably be placing a completely unrealistic bet on closer to KO, but I too would bite your arm off for a draw. 

A win would be brilliant, but I can't help wishing that someone had stookied Haaland in the past few weeks. 

I think 4 points out of 6 in these 2 games would set us up nicely but I've seen this movie before - we could end up with 1.

Oh, the joys.