Group D - The Famous Greenock Morton, R. County, Edinburgh, Kelty Hearts, Stranraer

The subs changed the game for us - as soon as McGrattan and Quitongo stepped onto the park, we looked like a team with some idea of what it was doing. Our 1st and 2nd goals were identical moves and finishes.

The old Kelty fan next to me had a real hatred for Broadfoot - pity he had wandered off before the 3rd goal.

Really enjoyed the fact that at NCP you could wander around and watch the game from pretty much anywhere. Interesting to see that the pie hut sold bottled water and let you take the bottle. There were folk walking around with bottles of coke and such (the old guy had a metal coffee cup in his bag) and nobody blinked an eye. Dread to think how stewards at Cappielow would have dealt with that.

47 minutes ago, MORleyTON said:

Standard. Keeps freezing for me after around 3 mins then I have to refresh. 

Missed the goal of course.

Started to play fine around 65mins in without having to refresh. Annoying but seems to have only been me affected 😂

From what I saw, we were comfortably controlling the game and Bearne seems to be a decent addition.

Clean sheet is always a good to see.

A win in Saturday is a bit of an ask but not too unrealistic, but after my limited viewing pleasure I'm not too worried.

6 minutes ago, MORleyTON said:

Started to play fine around 65mins in without having to refresh. Annoying but seems to have only been me affected 😂

From what I saw, we were comfortably controlling the game and Bearne seems to be a decent addition.

Clean sheet is always a good to see.

A win in Saturday is a bit of an ask but not too unrealistic, but after my limited viewing pleasure I'm not too worried.

Cant offer an opinion on Bearne I'm afraid because I cant remember him getting any ball whatsoever.

39 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Cant offer an opinion on Bearne I'm afraid because I cant remember him getting any ball whatsoever.

Unless I'm mixing him up (which is very possible, I was watching via my phone), last 10 mins or so had a few runs down the right, and about 85 mins in played it down by the corner then got it back to Robbie near the edge of the box....about 85mins in I think.......but that have been McGrattan now I think of if it....

Took a while to break Stranraer down but that was a fairly routine win. 

The last 5-10 minutes or so was played in our half after we went down to 10 men when Baird went off. I could see him walking about up the tunnel - hopefully he is ok for Saturday as we don't have any other options at the back. 

Some bloody game at Edinburgh City tonight ... EC 3-0 up after 20 minutes, and now they're 3-5 down to Kelty after 54 minutes ... that's some comback tbf ...  Still not over, 74 minutes gone ...

43 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Some bloody game at Edinburgh City tonight ... EC 3-0 up after 20 minutes, and now they're 3-5 down to Kelty after 54 minutes ... that's some comback tbf ...  Still not over, 74 minutes gone ...

Finished 5-3 to Kelty and apparently one of the Kelty goals was scored from the half way line 

Hopefully City can come back with a good win at Stranraer on Saturday 

27 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

Finished 5-3 to Kelty and apparently one of the Kelty goals was scored from the half way line 

Embarrassing stuff tonight.  Combination of Kelty’s No 7 being a bit good and City’s No 1 being a bit not good.

8 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Who was Kelty's No.7?

Listed as Daramola on BBC site - he scored against us on Saturday.

Just realised that the "not very good" goalkeeper for Edinburgh City was Sam Ramsbottom. 🤣

9 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Listed as Daramola on BBC site - he scored against us on Saturday.

Just realised that the "not very good" goalkeeper for Edinburgh City was Sam Ramsbottom. 🤣

Cheers. Sounds as though Kelty might have found a diamond in Daramola ... gotta hope he has 4 off days against my mob. 🫤