League Cup Group E - Dundee, ICT, Airdrie, Dumbarton and Bonnyrigg

6 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Although, what kind of a ramshackle top-seeded in their League Cup group club would lose to a team only in the senior league for such a short length of time?????

19 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I am hereby issuing a Notice of Concern in relation to the position of Wallace Duffy as one of The Caley's first choice centre backs.

Seconded.

Anyway. We're playing well and deserved the goal when it came, a really good finish from Ryan Wallace who has led the line superbly. Since then Caley have came into the game a fair bit more and should be level - they had about seven off the line in the space of eight seconds and have had one chalked out for a foul on Harry Broun.

Referee is absolutely dire. It's like every decision is just a guess.

Quite where that referee got nearly 8 mins of added on time is anyones guess. What a plum!

Good performance from us tonight and it’s really refreshing to see us pressing teams and knocking the ball about well. We tired towards the end and a few of our players needed subbed off with knocks - I sincerely hope none of them were anything serious.

Thought we were worth the win tonight and played well. Took the goals excellently. Lucky to have a couple of inbound Caley strikes cleared off the line, plus their 2 that hit the bar. Caley well on top the last 15 or so when Sons looked knackered, but an excellent result.

58 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Quite where that referee got nearly 8 mins of added on time is anyones guess. What a plum!

Good performance from us tonight and it’s really refreshing to see us pressing teams and knocking the ball about well. We tired towards the end and a few of our players needed subbed off with knocks - I sincerely hope none of them were anything serious.

Maybe from the 3/4 minutes Welsh was down? And all the subs and your keeper taking 30 seconds minimum for every goal kick after your second goal? Not complaining as Ridgers is a master of it but not hard to see where all the stoppage time came from. A few of your players seemed to tactically go down too…

You were well worth the win though and I felt our players totally underestimated Dumbarton and we paid the price. All the best for the rest of the season! 

(Anyone watching the stream get a good look at the disallowed goal? From where I was sat looked nothing wrong with it but might’ve missed something) 

10 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Maybe from the 3/4 minutes Welsh was down? And all the subs and your keeper taking 30 seconds minimum for every goal kick after your second goal? Not complaining as Ridgers is a master of it but not hard to see where all the stoppage time came from. A few of your players seemed to tactically go down too…

You were well worth the win though and I felt our players totally underestimated Dumbarton and we paid the price. All the best for the rest of the season! 

(Anyone watching the stream get a good look at the disallowed goal? From where I was sat looked nothing wrong with it but might’ve missed something) 

You could make an argument it was soft, but keepers have been afforded that level of protection for about twenty years at this point.