US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

1 hour ago, Plumpy said:

And how do you reckon they should officially kill him ? Are we ok about wanting to kill people we don't like, maybe start a thread on it.

I wish I could bring Margaret Thatcher back to life.

So I could kill her again.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Whatever are you suggesting?  Biden came to power stating would put the people first…….

Can we at least agree UK politicians put the people first, rather than their own party / personal ambition…..

😄

Pelosi has now endorsed Harris.

The Obamas and the Clintons must now do the same, quite quickly and very forcefully.

If they could do a do over I’m not sure Harris would have been my first choice but the whole of the Democratic Party must now unite behind her.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Pelosi has now endorsed Harris.

The Obamas and the Clintons must now do the same, quite quickly and very forcefully.

If they could do a do over I’m not sure Harris would have been my first choice but the whole of the Democratic Party must now unite behind her.

I think the Clintons backed her just after Biden's announcement. 

8 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

A big plus for Harris is Obama the first coloured President and he and Michelle will back her full tilt.

Well that doesn't appear to be happening yet, despite your flawless logic in explaining why it would.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

They did yes, because I worried that Hillary was flinging her ego in early for VP.

I was worried she'd stand herself. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I think the Clintons backed her just after Biden's announcement. 

Must have missed that.  It’s good news.  Read somewhere Barrack Obama saying he wants to play the statesman role and not get involved.

I hope that’s not the case.

7 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

Oops 😂

Trump isn’t even real, he’s just his maw who’s doing the Mumm-Ra transformation of going from a shambling undead to a big ripped Adonis except she got sloppy and ended up as Trump-Ra. 

IMG_4332.webp

Time isn't on the Dems side here but if they focus hard on issues that animate the public and will likely hurt the Republicans then Harris and whoever can start to gain early traction.

The last year has shown abortion to be one such issue and in that regard it's good that Biden's faith will no longer be a factor in the conversation.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well that doesn't appear to be happening yet, despite your flawless logic in explaining why it would.

Early days, her nomination is only hours old.

The Clintons have openly backed her.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Time isn't on the Dems side here but if they focus hard on issues that animate the public and will likely hurt the Republicans then Harris and whoever can start to gain early traction.

The last year has shown abortion to be one such issue and in that regard it's good that Biden's faith will no longer be a factor in the conversation.

This isn't the Dems strong suit at all. If social media is any indication (and it may not be a reliable one) they'll once again run this on identitarian grounds (while also railing against Harris being defined by her race and gender by detractors)  and her not being Trump. That'll be it. What does Harris believe in or care about? Being pro-choice isn't going to be enough of a vote winner and I don't think she has any left-wing economic leanings to speak of, so where does the inspiration aside from her skin colour and gender (and not being Trump) come from?

Edited by velo army