US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

4 hours ago, Wee-Bey said:

Pretty sure Sturgeon and Dugdale plus others went over to campaign for Hillary in 2016.

The most important election in global history. Even more important than the last most important one, but not as important as the next one will be.

Kez got to pose with a cutout cardboard Hillary

From memory, that's as close as she ever got to power

scottish-labour-leader-kezia-dugdale-poses-with-a-cardboard-cut-out-H812FH.jpg

15 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

Early October surprise? 

will make no difference to MAGA mob bit perhaps some who astonishingly enough remain “undecided”? 

The news about what Trump said with regard to Pence has been public since early 2021.

7 hours ago, Wee-Bey said:

Pretty sure Sturgeon and Dugdale plus others went over to campaign for Hillary in 2016.

The most important election in global history. Even more important than the last most important one, but not as important as the next one will be.

I'm 99% certain Sturgeon didn't, and I can't find any mention of it online.

11 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'm 99% certain Sturgeon didn't, and I can't find any mention of it online.

Yeah I think you're right tbf. It was this I was thinking about, but this was for something else after the election.

_95496236_mediaitem95496235.thumb.jpg.91001e30e124974014885b0b4e6612ce.jpg

There’s obviously a competition to see if anyone can outcrazy ‘they’re eating the cats and dogs’ and ‘abortions after kids are born’.

No surprise that everyone’s least favourite MAGA nut job with her contribution.

IMG_1921.jpeg.840fc0405a6829d469730e0ac7231065.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s obviously a competition to see if anyone can outcrazy ‘they’re eating the cats and dogs’ and ‘abortions after kids are born’.

She doesn't believe we're causing climate change, but does believe we're controlling the weather. I don't understand how that works but ok.

About 26% of American voters giving an opinion either way have a positive opinion of her, including about 13% of Democrats and more than 50% of Republicans.

58 minutes ago, GordonS said:

She doesn't believe we're causing climate change, but does believe we're controlling the weather. I don't understand how that works but ok.

About 26% of American voters giving an opinion either way have a positive opinion of her, including about 13% of Democrats and more than 50% of Republicans.

I’m beginning to think American voters are not the best judges of people anything.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Even better was what this was linked to. Some whack job created a map that, due to a little creative license and the fact many of these areas are very sparsely populated, seemed to show that Hurricane Helene only tore through Republican leaning portions of the South...and posited that it was part of a Democratic voter suppression effort.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That's genuinely one of the least crazy things I've hear/read from her.

And by crazy, I mean staggeringly narcissistic, as she'd need full-time carers if she genuinely believed half of what she comes out with.

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

There is a secret bunker underneath the White House where they control the weather across the entire country. 

There is somebody in charge of hurricanes, somebody in charge of tornadoes and somebody in charge of day to day stuff.  They are actually quite good at it and yes it uses alien technology.

HTH

Edited by Fullerene

21 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

There is a secret bunker underneath the White House where they control the weather across the entire country. 

There is somebody in charge of hurricanes, somebody in charge of tornadoes and somebody in charge of day to day stuff.  They are actually quite good at it and yes it uses alien technology.

HTH

That’s helpful, thanks.

Do you have to work your way up to the hurricane job?  Maybe start of on the ‘cloudy with a chance of rain’ desk and go from there?  Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

HTH

Did this bunker get built after Trump left?

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Even better was what this was linked to. Some whack job created a map that, due to a little creative license and the fact many of these areas are very sparsely populated, seemed to show that Hurricane Helene only tore through Republican leaning portions of the South...and posited that it was part of a Democratic voter suppression effort.

Excuse me for accepting the premise for a moment, but we all know that if they produced a map showing it had mostly harmed majority Democrat areas they'd have said it was God's judgment for gay marriage and abortion. For example...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gods-Judgment-Cause-Global-Warming/dp/0930808088 

Screenshot 2024-10-05 at 09.46.42.png

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m beginning to think American voters are not the best judges of people anything.

They are very good judges of what gun is best to kill someone who knocks at your door looking for help though.