US Presidential Election 2024

scottsdad

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Trump campaign has failed to meet both Sept 1 and Oct 1 deadlines to sign agreements to allow transition planning, give office space from GSA, etc. Until agreements are signed and clearances approved, the members of the transition team for each campaign can’t work on the process or access resources and agencies. The Sept 1 documents still aren’t complete, and none of the Oct 1 documents have been submitted, and this is despite the person that lead Biden’s transition team in 2020 being in charge of Trump’s effort. Apparently, she can’t get the Trump people to take this seriously…and this is after the Trump team did all they could in 2020 to delay the Biden teams access.

Presumably he wants to be able to say that the Biden Crime Family refused to work with them. Of course, he could (and would) just say that anyway.

If we're being honest, they've likely worked out that transition planning isn't something they're going to need this time.

On 07/10/2024 at 21:33, carpetmonster said:

Except it isn't a sex podcast

I don’t have a dog in this race, but it literally is a sex podcast. It’s very popular, she interviews guests about their life, but it has a segment about their sex lives on pretty much every show. 

1 hour ago, Sir Tarmo said:

I don’t have a dog in this race, but it literally is a sex podcast. It’s very popular, she interviews guests about their life, but it has a segment about their sex lives on pretty much every show. 

So, literally not a sex podcast then. 

6 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

So, literally not a sex podcast then. 

It’s a podcast predominantly about sex, so yes. You can staunchly defend Kamala if you want to, but you are wrong here. It’s a sex podcast.

1 minute ago, Sir Tarmo said:

It’s a podcast predominantly about sex, so yes. You can staunchly defend Kamala if you want to, but you are wrong here. It’s a sex podcast.

I’m not so much defending Harris as taking issue that Paul Joseph Watson should be taken as a sound source on anything. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

I’m not so much defending Harris as taking issue that Paul Joseph Watson should be taken as a sound source on anything. 

I don’t have an issue with Kamala going on podcasts, nor do I have a side in this election, but Call Her Daddy is a podcast about sex life, sexual relationships and is generally geared towards young female adults. It’s probably no worse than some of the podcasts Trump has appeared on, though.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Trump campaign has failed to meet both Sept 1 and Oct 1 deadlines to sign agreements to allow transition planning, give office space from GSA, etc. Until agreements are signed and clearances approved, the members of the transition team for each campaign can’t work on the process or access resources and agencies. The Sept 1 documents still aren’t complete, and none of the Oct 1 documents have been submitted, and this is despite the person that lead Biden’s transition team in 2020 being in charge of Trump’s effort. Apparently, she can’t get the Trump people to take this seriously…and this is after the Trump team did all they could in 2020 to delay the Biden teams access.They have no interest in traditional governance, how its supposed to work, how things have been done. Its tear it down and start again for them. 

(not directed at you as you will probably know this)

MAGA not interested in traditional governance. They want to tear it down and start again.

The system that has got us to this place is clearly flawed in their minds, I mean, there’s a woman of color running for president ffs. :) 

1 hour ago, bigmarv said:

MAGA not interested in traditional governance. They want to tear it down and start again rule, not represent. 

They intend to return the Civil Service to a patronage farm, as it was prior to the Pendleton Civil Service Act of 1883.

1 hour ago, bigmarv said:

MAGA not interested in traditional governance. They want to tear it down and start again.

The system that has got us to this place is clearly flawed in their minds, I mean, there’s a woman of color running for president ffs. :) 

No question they believe the whole system is flawed but they intend to vote for somebody who has benefitted enormously from the system in the belief that he will fix it.

On a similar note I have written to King Charles asking him to spearhead my campaign to abolish the Monarchy.

23 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

No question they believe the whole system is flawed but they intend to vote for somebody who has benefitted enormously from the system in the belief that he will fix it.

On a similar note I have written to King Charles asking him to spearhead my campaign to abolish the Monarchy.

Tell Chuck it’ll be like the GOP; a system run by plants, cheered on by vegetables, and he might just go for it. 

Just watched that video @Freedom Farter posted on project 2025. Obviously dreadful, but wearyingly familiar. The thing that jumped out is that Miriam Adelson has "pledged $100m". 

It bothers me how they keep using the term "donor" instead of "client" as this is exactly what they are. Giving $1000 to a campaign is s donation, but 5 figures and above there's an expected return on investment.

25 minutes ago, RiG said:

lmao

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Brown#Legal_issues

Victor Prisk, a Pittsburgh-based doctor, who was treating Brown while with the Steelers, also sued Brown for "farting in his face" and $11,500 in unpaid fees in 2018

On October 1, 2022, Brown encountered further controversy after it was reported that he exposed himself to a woman at the Armani Hotel in Dubai. The alleged incident occurred on May 14, 2022, with Brown exposing himself and becoming physical with a female guest in a pool

Brown went on a social media rant calling out the media, claiming his arrest warrant wasn't real, and also called out former Steeler Ryan Clark saying ""Fu** the b*tch ass reporter who ever wrote the story! You Mf don't know shit about me ! Where I came from what I been through!! Ryan Clark been a bitch in media say things then apologize next AB name drop we gone strike yo ass boy

On April 14, 2023, an arrest warrant was issued for Brown for failing to make child support payments. Brown's attorney claimed that he paid over $30,000 in child support after the arrest warrant was issued and that the matter was cleared up.  In August 2023, an arrest warrant was issued when Brown missed $15,000 in child support payments.

On October 15, 2023, Brown was arrested by the Broward County Sheriff's Office for unpaid child support and released on a $15,000 bond.

On May 23, 2024, Brown filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, owing $2.93 million to eight creditors, including a $1.2 million debt from a lawsuit stemming from the January 2020 assault lawsuit. Brown, who made more than $80 million in a 12-year NFL career, according to Spotrac, listed his estimated assets as $50,000 or less

I'm sure it was down to Biden and Harris AB.

TBF to Brown, he is highly likely suffering from brain damage.

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Brown#Legal_issues

I'm sure it was down to Biden and Harris AB.

TBF to Brown, he is highly likely suffering from brain damage.

There's also a theory that AB sold his Twitter account or at the very least has 'given' it to someone else around the time of his bankruptcy, so he can still get the cash for clicks off his blue tick. 

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/823266-antonio-brown-sketch-twitter-nfl-news

Barstool Sports reckon they've pinned down whoever's making the tweets to a University of Central Florida staffer. 

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3525183/we-may-have-found-the-dude-running-abs-twitter-account

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Just think how different things would have been if Hillary Clinton's campaign had actually bothered their arse holding events in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. 

There’s very few periods in American history where the same party has retained three consecutive terms. Last time would be papa Bush after Reagan, not sure of when prior to that.  Basically folk like change from same old same old  

Clinton did take the rust belt for granted but there was also the sinister years long undermining of her candidacy from the right as everyone knew she was heir apparent after Obama. All resulted in the “lock her up” shite we heard for months, four years of Donnie boy and his minions running the state department and what action did we against crooked Hillary? None, because there were none. 

Trump has twisted the Republican Party beyond recognition. The self proclaimed “Party of Law and order” is running a convicted felon for president”. The “party of rugged individualism” is out there crying (and lying) about lack of federal response to hurricanes. The “party of small government” has plans to register every pregnancy asap so nobody even thinks about an abortion. 

I best stop there :) 

Edited by bigmarv

48 minutes ago, bigmarv said:

There’s very few periods in American history where the same party has retained three consecutive terms. Last time would be papa Bush after Reagan, not sure of when prior to that.  Basically folk like change from same old same old  

While this is true, Clinton only lost by a few thousand votes across a few swing states. The Democrats should have been a shoo-in against Trump but chose an unlikable candidate who took several states for granted.