Premiership - new strips 2023/24.

11 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

County ones are a bit dull, though the extra detail is nice, if maybe a bit too subtle.

Dundee's looks much better on, but still only OK.

Rangers, I don't really get the dislike. It's nothing special, and looks a bit samey but it's visibly a Rangers top and not horrific. 

Maybe it’s just too early for me, maybe I need more coffee, maybe I haven’t woken up properly yet after a few sherberts last night. Help me out though Mr Wonder. The word ‘not’ in your post. Just delete it and your final eight words make sense. At present, something just isn’t quite right. Maybe replace ‘not’ with ‘therefore’? I’ll have another wee look.

Cheers, etc.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

From memory I can only really think of one or maybe two decent kits we’ve had from Joma.

Not looking forward to whatever they come up with. Thankfully this seems to be our last year with them.

Conversely, St Mirren’s Joma strips were almost all hits, certainly no absolute howlers, and they even pulled out one that will no doubt feature in future lists of our all-time favourites - the outgoing all-black Paisley pattern away strip. Joma’s designs for St Mirren were better than I anticipated, given what I’d seen them do for some other clubs. Over to you Macron.

I like the Dundee shirt, but looking at the first of the two photos on here, my attention wasn’t taken by the shirt, it was initially taken by the fact that in about 40-50 years time, there’s going to be a whole generation of wee old crinkly men going about with faded scrunched-up wrinkled tattoos of butterflies and fcuk knows what else on their necks, heads, ears… scrotums maybe for all I know. I’m just glad I won’t be here to witness the full wrinkled horror.

Edited by pozbaird

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I don't get the hate for Joma.

Both of the 21/22 Hibs change kits were very good IMO. 

I do remember there was a bit of dread when we signed with Joma, we seem to have gotten a bit lucky with our kits 

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I like the Dundee shirt, but looking at the first of the two photos on here, my attention wasn’t taken by the shirt, it was initially taken by the fact that in about 40-50 years time, there’s going to be a whole generation of wee old crinkly men going about with faded scrunched-up wrinkled tattoos of butterflies and fcuk knows what else on their necks, heads, ears… scrotums maybe for all I know. I’m just glad I won’t be here to witness the full wrinkled horror.

Screenshot_20230610-181329_Twitter.jpg.a5a3867956cba86b9a363e59668351eb.jpg

17 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

That looks an order of magnitude better than the pic posted earlier.

Nae bad.

It was me that posted the 1st pic which was perhaps not the final version we're seeing now. The tartan looks darker and with less prominent beige on the player pics but maybe that's just down to the lighting in the display case.

Never been overly impressed with Macron shirts, whereas I thought St Mirren's Joma ones were decent.

I suppose all clubs like St Mirren just do the rounds of these smaller kit makers.

The new Rangers one looks like a Spall effort from the late 80s (not a criticism). Although, I saw a guy with one on yesterday and it's a completely plain back. Didn't look right.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Has someone posted the Aberdeen kit? 

They deleted the post, but aye, there was a "leaked" photo.