Premiership - new strips 2023/24.

26 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Considering the shorts for the home kit are for both home AND away this is entirely likely. 

Or we are saving money and the actual away top will be soothing out there like the old Demin kit a good few seasons ago.

In any case, I get St Mirren doing it last season ( it was more of a patterend kit than just a black shirt) but shouldn't there be rules in place to make sure the chnage kit doesn't clash with the home? Or is that just too much common sense for scottish football?

It’s too much sense for Scottish football. The authorities thought Livingston’s white and black kits were fine, which they clearly werent, when they played us. I like our black away kits, but I’m also in the camp that says if our traditional home colours are black and white, then our away colours should be red, or yellow, or something. The authorities are OK with us going down the black route though, so when I was designing ours for 2012/13, I did a predominantly all-black away kit with the red diagonal.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I’m in a minority but I quite like recoloured badges as long as they aren’t on the home kit. It can look quite smart on an away or third kit.

I'm the same, I don't mind a monochrome badge, it has to be for a reason and to suit a certain motif, but yeah.. no probs with a monochrome badge. Although I would prefer if it was on the away top, rather than the home.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

In any case, I get St Mirren doing it last season ( it was more of a patterend kit than just a black shirt) but shouldn't there be rules in place to make sure the chnage kit doesn't clash with the home? Or is that just too much common sense for scottish football?

I am sure there are some, like @craigkillie who will probably be able to tell you the actual rules, but from the outside it seems to be the case that clubs are given some leeway by the strip manufacturers and they all tend to go for things that won't clash with a nod to the club's traditional colours. That seems to be thrown out the window with the OF though, who as we've seen, don't really seem to care about the strips other than political/religious signalling or merchandising revenue, in which case if it clashes, tough luck.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I did a predominantly all-black away kit with the red diagonal.

I’m so glad we never had a sash!

Great kits that season. Our last season of a major domestic honour!

Get Poz back in charge of strip design. 

I would like to see an away top like this with the Paisley pattern design included. What a player too!

IMG_3018.jpeg.9480df3499103cc4587cd56f4438094c.jpeg

Edited by Molotov

6 minutes ago, Molotov said:

The designer described it as a red diagonal. 😂 

Definitely a red diagonal. 😄 

I played with Cheesy at a St Mirren golf event back then, and he told me the team loved that strip, so good enough for me. 

Definitely a red diagonal by the way. Absolutely. 😎

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Oh dear...

In the name of fcuk. As if it wasn’t bad enough Hibs having images of the ‘iconic’ steelwork of their stands on a shirt, Killie have a tribute to penicillin on theirs, because Fleming studied in Kilmarnock. I’ve seen some shite in my time… maybe the pink bits on ours are in tribute to calamine lotion.

24 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

In the name of fcuk. As if it wasn’t bad enough Hibs having images of the ‘iconic’ steelwork of their stands on a shirt, Killie have a tribute to penicillin on theirs, because Fleming studied in Kilmarnock. I’ve seen some shite in my time… maybe the pink bits on ours are in tribute to calamine lotion.

It should have pies on it

3 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Some historical context on Aberdeens change from black and gold to red and white. image.thumb.jpeg.cd8ea597fd33530b952622468db38a41.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.928357a268cac913a6bbf28aa758ce12.jpeg

Good to see football journalism was as bad then as now. Huge sub-heading SCARLET JERSEYS TO REPLACE GOLD AND BLACK followed 5 lines later by 'Can you guess what the new colours are?'  Hmmmm, that's a difficult one...

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Oh dear...

They can use all the PR speak they want but it'll always be a football jersey covered in squiggles. 

6 hours ago, Ric said:

Yeah, I mean you can bitch all you want about the colour clashes, and to be fair I do get where you are coming from I just think we benefit from no other black and white wearing clubs (other than maybe that Livi away top, maybe the hilarious Aberdeen away one too), but that game you mention was definitely all down to Celtic doing exactly what you are complaining of.

There's rumours (as there is every year) that our home kit this year will be white. Interesting to see what happens with St Mirren if we have white home and black away

17 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

There's rumours (as there is every year) that our home kit this year will be white. Interesting to see what happens with St Mirren if we have white home and black away

Presumably you'd wear your home and we'd wear our away kit.

49 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Looks like seats your get on an old coach.

Haud yer horses.... our Stagecoach wan will be back this season complete with new sponsors and a few subtle changes. 

31 minutes ago, Ric said:

That's a bit of a shocker. It might be a late entry, but I think it wins the worse strip in the league season 23/24.

its better than the Celtic (Design) home and St Johnstone(Quality) home kit by a large margin