Early 2023/24 predictions

Making early football predictions adds to the anticipation of the upcoming season. I see that you've listed a variety of teams, including traditional powerhouses like Dundee United and Partick Thistle, as well as some dark horses like Arbroath. It's always interesting to see how these teams will fare and if any underdogs will rise to the occasion. As the season progresses, the dynamics can change, injuries can play a role, and strategies may evolve, making every match a thrilling experience.Personally, I'd recommend checking out football predictions Regards for more useful info.

Edited by AvaCoffey

16 minutes ago, AvaCoffey said:

Making early football predictions adds to the anticipation of the upcoming season. I see that you've listed a variety of teams, including traditional powerhouses like Dundee United and Partick Thistle, as well as some dark horses like Arbroath. It's always interesting to see how these teams will fare and if any underdogs will rise to the occasion. As the season progresses, the dynamics can change, injuries can play a role, and strategies may evolve, making every match a thrilling experience.Personally, I'd recommend checking out football predictions Regards for more useful info.

Traditional powerhouses, you say?

You sound like a smart bot. You can stay.

On 31/07/2023 at 12:47, Fuctifano said:

I think I could make a good case for just about everyone bar Dundee Utd and Airdrie to finish 5th. That said, for the lols in 9 months or 6 weeks time, and obviously there's a full month of the transfer window to go so more complete squads are probably being overrated here:

1- Dundee Utd- obvious but they'll get there in the end

2- Raith- the trendy dark horse but with the caveat that they can't get their usual amount of injuries or they'll be closer to the bottom than the top.

3- Thistle- Should have enough goals in us to finish top 4 but the defence will cause issues.

4- Morton- not much change from last year though losing Grimshaw obviously a blow. Possibility of Imrie rage quit if things not going well always seems like it's in play

5- Queen's Park- the hardest of the lot to predict, could be 2nd and push Utd all the way or could sink like a stone. Be fun to see what happens if the latter, whether the total voetbal team get to stay or the Baron panicks about a return to L1, wields the axe and Ian McCall is brought in

6- Ayr - they were very much a one man team last year and are relying to a degree on hitting the English non league striker jackpot 3 years running, which seems unlikely. 

7- Dunfermline - normally the L1 champions do quite well, Cove last year bucking the trend. I don't think they will be in relegation danger but will fall away from the playoff race near end of the season

8- Inverness- they seem to keep pulling rabbits out of hats but look as if they're increasingly relying on McKay

9- Arbroath- If Bird isn't any cop then I don't see who's keeping them safe with Linn gone

10 - Airdrie- good league cup results but that doesn't always count for much and still seems like a league one squad on paper.

Morton's last few results have made this a bit better looking, might not have been far away about QP if McCall hadn't gone to Clyde. 

• 3 months later...
On 31/07/2023 at 12:47, Fuctifano said:

I think I could make a good case for just about everyone bar Dundee Utd and Airdrie to finish 5th. That said, for the lols in 9 months or 6 weeks time, and obviously there's a full month of the transfer window to go so more complete squads are probably being overrated here:

1- Dundee Utd- obvious but they'll get there in the end

2- Raith- the trendy dark horse but with the caveat that they can't get their usual amount of injuries or they'll be closer to the bottom than the top.

3- Thistle- Should have enough goals in us to finish top 4 but the defence will cause issues.

4- Morton- not much change from last year though losing Grimshaw obviously a blow. Possibility of Imrie rage quit if things not going well always seems like it's in play

5- Queen's Park- the hardest of the lot to predict, could be 2nd and push Utd all the way or could sink like a stone. Be fund to see what happens if the latter, whether the total voetbal team get to stay or the Baron panicks about a return to L1, wields the axe and Ian McCall is brought in

6- Ayr - they were very much a one man team last year and are relying to a degree on hitting the English non league striker jackpot 3 years running, which seems unlikely. 

7- Dunfermline - normally the L1 champions do quite well, Cove last year bucking the trend. I don't think they will be in relegation danger but will fall away from the playoff race near end of the season

8- Inverness- they seem to keep pulling rabbits out of hats but look as if they're increasingly relying on McKay

9- Arbroath- If Bird isn't any cop then I don't see who's keeping them safe with Linn gone

10 - Airdrie- good league cup results but that doesn't always count for much and still seems like a league one squad on paper.

Other than Airdrie, that's a fine effort from Nostradano. 

Had a wee flick back through this thread and the less said about my own predictions the better. Still, it's always interesting to see how things compare when everything is almost said and done; I particularly enjoyed this post:

On 17/07/2023 at 12:31, clashcityrocker said:

You sure about that ?

Have you not been keeping up to speed with Arbroath's summer signings ?

I highly doubt they will be troubling the bottom of the league this season.

Best revise your predictions.

I take absolutely no joy from Arbroath getting relegated (actually, I would if we went down too for selfish reasons), but hopefully nobody who likes a wee gamble took this person's advice.

On 18/06/2023 at 13:39, D'Jaffo said:

Fordyce was absolutely honking the last time he was seen at this level and that was a good few years ago now. The biggest issue that promoted squads make when coming up is they remain too loyal to players. Guys like Fordyce, Taylor-Sinclair, McCabe, Gallagher, Watson and Telfer aren’t good enough for this level. 

My guess is they’ll start the season off poorly, realise they aren’t up to it and then panic sign on the last day of the season. 

Good shout.