Early 2023/24 predictions

Impossible to pick at the moment without seeing full squads etc, Morton doing well winning the League there with no goalies, maybe clubfoot has found a new position?

Winners - Always fancy the biggest club in terms of wages etc, so you expect Dundee United to be winning the league comfortably.

2nd to 8th - I think this is going to be very tight again, all depends on how Partick do in terms of building a new(ish) squad, where and who we recruit/what happens to Dipo etc and then how Raiths new squad etc come in

9th to 10th - Think Airdrie and Arbroath will be battling it out here

1st. Dundee United

2nd. Raith

3rd. Ayr

4th. Dunfermline

5th. Morton

6th. Queens Park

7th. Partick

8th.  ICT

9th. Airdrie

10th. Arbroath

Nae idea. If United can keep Fletcher, Behich and Levitt, add a decent keeper and get four or five right nasty b*****ds into the defence and midfield then I would be very confident of winning the league. If we lose two or three of those guys and don't sort out the keeper and defence then we'll be miles off the pace. 

I would expect Rovers, Dunfermline, ICT and Morton to do well but that's not based on much.

You would expect Dun Utd to be favs but this doesn't always work out that way.

Raith have started brightly on the signings and seem to be getting into good shape.

Morton have kept a core squad of players and if they can add a some quality additions we'll do well.

ICT and Partick may have some financial issues so may not have strong squads this coming season.

I would imagine Dunfermline, Ayr and Queens will have strong squads too.

Airdrie and Arbroath who knows at the moment although Todrov signing is a good bit of business

Based on nothing other than vibes:

1. Raith

2. Queens Park

3. Dundee United

4. Greenock

5. Dunfermline 

6. Partick

7. Ayr 

8. Arbroath

9. Inverness

10. Airdrie 

48 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Who's winning the league? Who's getting relegated?

1. Morton
2. Dundee Utd
3. Dunfermline
4. ICT
5. Raith
6. Queen's Park
7. Arbroath
8. Partick
9. Ayr
10. Airdrie

The favourites have to be Dundee Utd, Queens Park, ICT and Ayr for top 4

5 to 10th could be anyone. Hopefully we (Raith Rovers)stay well out of the relegation zone. I’m only going by last seasons placings……or form. Partick have lost players, their financial situation still be sorted too, I hope it is. The least detestable Glasgow club. 

If DU get their act together, they should win it, not comfortably, but certainly more comfortable than their neighbours this season.

Expect Raith to have a good season based on their transfer activity to date. certainly seems to be a good feeling about them right now.

We have kept most of our squad from last year so if we can add 3 o 4 quality players, I'd expect us to be in and around top 4.

I'd expect Airdrie and Arbroath to make up the bottom 2 purely based on budget/part time status but no doubt one or both will surprise us all and have a good season.

1st. Dundee United

2nd. Raith Rovers

3rd. Partick

4th.  Morton

5th.  Ayr

6th. Inverness 

7th. QP

8th. Dunfermline

9th. Airdrie

10th. Arbroath

It is very early and squads will look very different in 2 months time so will no doubt be amending this before the first game of the season. Queens Park are an unknown quantity for example, be interesting to see their recruitment once a new manager is in place but a lot of work to do there.

Should be another cracking league, bring it on.

Edited by madton

Raith to win the league, providing they sign some defenders who vaguely know what they’re meant to do.

Dundee United to finish 5th after an unexpected chain of events leads to them having to play Birighitti all season.

Inverness to pick up 2 points in a 3 month period over Christmas, but still finish third.

Airdrie to finish last, and at least one nazi salute to be spotted in their game at Firhill. 

7 minutes ago, madton said:

I'd expect Airdrie and Arbroath to make up the bottom 2 purely based on budget/part time status but no doubt one or both will surprise us all and have a good season.

1st. Dundee United

2nd. Raith Rovers

3rd. Morton

4th.  Ayr

5th. Thistle

6th. Inverness

7th. Queens Park

8th. Dunfermline

9th. Airdrie

10th. Arbroath

It is very early and squads will look very different in 2 months time so will no doubt be amending this before the first game of the season. Queens Park are an unknown quantity for example, be interesting to see their recruitment once a new manager is in place but a lot of work to do there.

Should be another cracking league, bring it on.

Airdrie are full time/hybrid, with Callum Gallagher being the only part time player. Assuming his new contract is still part time. 

4 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Airdrie are full time/hybrid, with Callum Gallagher being the only part time player. Assuming his new contract is still part time. 

I meant more budget for you boys compared to other full time teams with the part time element aimed at Arbroath. 

I'd expect much the same as last season in the sense that the league will exceptionally tight. Dunfermline and Airdrie will offer more than Cove and Accies. McPake in particular has done brilliantly along the road but it will be interesting to see how he does should results tail off.

United should be able to blow everyone out of the water budgetwise. I do think quite a lot of teams who did well last season will drop off. 

Our business so far has been tremendous. Murray has stated that we're still trying to sign two centre halves,  as well as extra cover at the back. He also mentioned we might get in another midfielder too.

Our two main issues last season were our center forwards not offering enough goals, and losing a ridiculous 19 goals at set pieces. Hamilton could offer a potential solution on the goals, while Mullin had a decent record at Ayr for helping out. I think the two centre halves will make it break where we end up. If they're not gubbins, then I think we could be in for a good season. 

Based on absolutely nothing in particular I'll go:

United

Rovers

Queens Park

Partick

Ayr

Dunfermline

Caley

Morton

Airdrie

Arbroath 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

Very early prediction but I reckon that none of the 3 promotion playoff sides from last season, will finish in the promotion playoffs this year. 

Dundee Utd

Raith

Morton 

Dunfermline 

Partick

ICT

Queens Park 

Ayr

Arbroath 

Airdrie 

Bullen to be the first manager to be sacked, Imrie to be poached with Morton challenging for promotion. 

I await me looking foolish at the end of the season. 

58 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Raith to win the league, providing they sign some defenders who vaguely know what they’re meant to do.

Dundee United to finish 5th after an unexpected chain of events leads to them having to play Birighitti all season.

Inverness to pick up 2 points in a 3 month period over Christmas, but still finish third.

Airdrie to finish last, and at least one nazi salute to be spotted in their game at Firhill. 

That can't happen. "Events" would prevent it. I shall say no more.

Dundee United probably have to be favourites and Raith will be much improved. One of the promoted sides to be relegated but can't see it being Dunfermline as they will no doubt have a larger budget than most. Not really a stand out weaker team (yet) as I think Partick will recover from recent events. 

Dundee Utd

Raith

ICT

Dunfermline

Queen's Park

Ayr

Partick

Morton

Arbroath

Airdrie