Morton

Dunfermline

Queens Park

Ayr United

Partick

Arbroath

Airdrie

Edited by Oceanlineayr
Check there is 10 teams before doing Championship league predictions...............

Dundee United to struggle a wee bit initially, then pull away as the season goes on, winning the league a few rounds early.  Playoff places end up being pretty tight between the usual suspects.  I think Thistle will have a better season than some are expecting and make them, but come nowhere near the levels of this season.  Premiership side wins the playoff.  Again.

Waaaaayyy too early to make any predictions but it’s hard to argue with us being placed so low by pretty much everyone.

Our signings so far have been two players from L2, a striker from Cove and a goalkeeper from the Juniors. Not exactly inspiring, however I expect (hope for) a few decent signings soon.

Edited by Tattie36

As others have mentioned, it's too soon to make predictions as most clubs have yet to announce their key signings.

So, based on rough guesswork and very little else, here is my prediction:

Dundee United

Raith Rovers

Dunfermline

Inverness

Arbroath

Ayr United

Partick Thistle

Queens

Morton

Airdrie

Don't think Arbroath will be the whipping boys this season, but until the season starts this is all just fun and guesswork - with the exception of Dundee United, it's really impossible to predict who will finish where - but that won't stop any of us from trying.

1. Dundee United

2. Queen’s Park

3. Partick Thistle

4. Inverness CT

5. Raith Rovers

6. Ayr United

7. Dunfermline Athletic 

8. Morton

9. Airdrieonians

10. Arbroath

Edited by Slacker

I have no idea at this stage so vague groupings

Outright promotion - Dundee United

Promotion chasers - Raith, Queens, Dunfermline Morton

Meh - Caley

In danger - Partick, Ayr, Airdrie

Why bother - Arbroath

A few good signings could easily see teams rocket up the groups

The last time a "wee" team pushed one of the big boys all the way, they struggled to do the same the following season, so with that in mind and QP potentially having a random Dutch coach, I'll have them as strugglers. Ayr seem to go up then down, so I'll stick them nearer the bottom than the top. And I can't take Morton seriously ever, despite our shite record against them. So on that basis... 

1. Dundee United

2-5. (In no particular order) Raith, Dunfermline, Partick, Inverness. 

6-10. (Similarly) Arbroath, Ayr, Airdrie, Queens Park, Morton.

I’m holding back on how i think Raith will do until the likes of Dundee United, thistle and ourselves have recruited. Teams that do early business in the summer seem to always get slightly overhyped in some way. There’s no doubt Raith have signed some decent players for this level but except for Hamilton (excellent signing) I’m not totally wowed by them(never been too convinced with Murray so that might contribute to this)Could be so wrong come next May in fairness 

Dundee United should win the league but the pressure on Goodwin will be enormous from day 1. Can envisage a slow first quarter but will pick up as the season progresses 

QP on the brink of appointing veldman from Anderlecht which is incredibly exciting on the face of it but recruitment needs to be spot on as we’re so light in numbers currently. Got to be aiming for playoffs 

Dark horse for me is Dunfermline. Can see them having a very good season 

Edited by qpfc

I don’t think we’ll be anywhere near challenging for the title. Get the impression we’re going to go with a very young team and focus on medium/long term development. If that’s the case, a successful season for us is probably mid-table safety, occasionally looking like world beaters and sometimes like jobbers. 

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

1. There

2. Is

3. No

4. Point

5. Making

6. Predictions

7. This

8. Caley Thistle

9. Early

10. On

It's only for fun. Once we sign, Rice, Mount, Havertz and Kane I will say we will squaek the play offs again.

Too early really and when I did this for L1 last season I was quite accurate apart from Edinburgh whatever.

So knowing little about the others apart from Dunfermline whom we competed well against, and having endured Murrayball strategies , I'm going to say we'll escape the bottom playoff spots

So here goes.

Dundee United

Morton

Inverness

Dunfermline

Raith Rovers

Partick Thistle

Ayrunited

Airdrieonians

Queens Park

Arbroath 

What could go wrong?