Early 2023/24 predictions

3 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

It's only for fun. Once we sign, Rice, Mount, Havertz and Kane I will say we will squaek the play offs again.

Was just having a wee joke at our own expense, been impressed with Raiths business so far and I imagine United will be favourites due to budget etc. 

Be interesting to see how the two thistles get on, especially with the financial situ at both clubs. 

I'm not saying I want this order but...

1. Dundee United

2. Dunfermline 

3. ICT

4. Morten

5. Raith Rovers 

6. Partick Thistle

7. Ayr

8. Arbroath 

9. Airdrie

10. Queens Park

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Airdrie have got the air of a team that are seriously underestimating this league. They might get a bit of a bounce after last season but I reckon they’ll still finish bottom two.

Not sure where you get that sense but I don't agree. There's a few overly enthusiastic fans, mainly on Twitter, who might give that impression. But if you look through our thread by far the overwhelming consensus is that we'll need to add at least 3 or 4 quality players for us to have a real chance at avoiding relegation. I'd assume any predictions that have us finishing high up the league are based on that assumption.

We've re-signed our better players from last year and are presumably trying to add a few more players to help us make the step up. So I don't get the impression from the management team that they are underestimating anything. We'll have the lowest budget in the league (perhaps outwith Arbroath) so we're not in any position to release most of our League 1 players and start again, we're doing all we can do which is hang on to the better ones and try and see who else we can add in key areas.

1. Dundee Utd

2. Ayr Utd

3. Morton

4. Dunfermline

5. Queens Park

6. Partick

7. Raith

8. Inverness

9. Arbroath

10. Airdrie

Only really confident of Airdrie finishing last. Always a possibility ICT and Partick could go bust by opening day, but we'll find out soon enough.

56 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

If we do good business with the two experienced CBs we need I think we're in for a really good season. 

We're well set with our DMs, have an abundance of dangerous forward players and will have quality coming off the bench this season. 

Linked with Muirhead?

Dundee Utd to win the league relatively comfortably, but I don't see much between most of the other sides.

I'm really happy with our business so far, but the quality of the centre backs we bring in will make or break our season. 

23 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

1. Ross County

2. Dundee United

3. Ayr United

4. Raith Rovers 

5. Inverness Caledonian Thistle

6. Greenock Morton

7. Dunfermline

8. Airdrie United

9. Arbroath

10. Queens Park

You turn off the 2nd leg of the playoff final with 20mins to go? 😂

1. Dundee United 

2. The Caley 

3. Raith 

4. Partick 

5. Pars 

6. QP

7. Morton 

8. Arbroath 

9. Ayr 

10. Airdrie 

It pointless to do a prediction really, United should  be winning it, Airdrie are going to struggle and I imagine Ayr will drop like a stone 

Edited by Jaffa