Elgin City 23-24

Free entry to the friendly against us on Saturday with donations being invited if you so desire. In case any of you are planning it.

An extremely scratch squad last night who did ok in spells but most of them aren't up to playing regularly and several looked about 16 or even younger. Cooper, Dolzanski and hopefully Harvey make us a lot stronger than the players involved so far but I still think we need at least 6 signings to compete this season. The League Cup is a complete write off and will surely be looked at as an extension of pre season.

8 minutes ago, afca32 said:

An extremely scratch squad last night who did ok in spells but most of them aren't up to playing regularly and several looked about 16 or even younger. Cooper, Dolzanski and hopefully Harvey make us a lot stronger than the players involved so far but I still think we need at least 6 signings to compete this season. The League Cup is a complete write off and will surely be looked at as an extension of pre season.

I think that must be Drapers plan. Wait until nearer the end of the window and pick up some strong loans and a couple of signings from his contacts at Cove, Caley & County. I certainly hope he has some of plan like that. But I do fear for the next 2 Saturdays with the current like up. Caley and especially Motherwell will be extremely tough games.

2 hours ago, afca32 said:

I think Cooper and Dolzanski are long term injuries. I heard Sutherland is lined up to comeback but probably 3 months away from fitness.

On 05/07/2023 at 10:23, Super Elgin City said:

I think that must be Drapers plan. Wait until nearer the end of the window and pick up some strong loans and a couple of signings from his contacts at Cove, Caley & County. I certainly hope he has some of plan like that. But I do fear for the next 2 Saturdays with the current like up. Caley and especially Motherwell will be extremely tough games.

Draper, a plan?

Blair Mckenzie, a centre back from Aberdeen, is meant to be coming in on loan in the next couple of days too. Asked an Aberdeen fan about him and it sounds like he's highly rated there and a threat from set pieces. A couple of others being lined up too according to Draper.

3 hours ago, 1993 said:

Wondered if Ethan Cairns would be an option or Alfie Bavidge?

Seen Alfie bavidge play few times he’s a great prospect and no doubt will end up playing in the Scottish prem some point so would be great if we did get him and heard rumours that we may get back Shane Sutherland but it’s just rumours I think