2023-24 Challenge Cup

Buckets

On 12/09/2023 at 10:28, virginton said:

^^^ delusional 

I've been at games with the home end packed from the 70's onwards,so I know more than yourself about the lapsed support out there and the potential which could be utilised.

A new broom and home attendance is already 40% higher than the last 5 seasons and that is despite the prices I feel being too expensive at £20 adults,£10 kids which I know is putting folk off.

19 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I've been at games with the home end packed from the 70's onwards,so I know more than yourself about the lapsed support out there and the potential which could be utilised.

A new broom and home attendance is already 40% higher than the last 5 seasons and that is despite the prices I feel being too expensive at £20 adults,£10 kids which I know is putting folk off.

Lapsed support from the 1970s? Were you wearing a string of onions around your belt as that was the fashion at that time too?

The reality is that Hamilton are at their core support level, which was round about 1000 before your sojourn in the top flight and is pretty much identical now too. Gloryhunters latching on when a team wins some games doesn't make a core support in the same way that Morton's core support wasn't actually 2,500 in the mid-2000s, despite our chairman's similar delusions to your own. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Lapsed support from the 1970s? Were you wearing a string of onions around your belt as that was the fashion at that time too?

The reality is that Hamilton are at their core support level, which was round about 1000 before your sojourn in the top flight and is pretty much identical now too. Gloryhunters latching on when a team wins some games doesn't make a core support in the same way that Morton's core support wasn't actually 2,500 in the mid-2000s, despite our chairman's similar delusions to your own. 

Are you an expert on the support of all Scottish clubs or just ours?

2 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Are you an expert on the support of all Scottish clubs or just ours?

Do you need to be an expert on the support of every Scottish football club, to recognise that talk of Hamilton Accies' massive, diehard support is an obvious crock of shite?

Spoiler

no-bugs-bunny.gif.eb9ab54ea7a5147906e6574f2aa0f64f.gif

On 08/09/2023 at 22:11, HibeeJibee said:

Hibs B 0-3 TNS tonight had totally passed me by. It was played 6pm at Meadowbank.

I see several more R1/R2 crowds have belatedly appeared in SPFL website, must include near-record lows:

275     Brora v Aberdeen B
273     Spartans v Rangers B
269     Stenhousemuir v Rangers B
222     Clyde v Uni of Stirling
202     Kilmarnock B v Bonnyrigg     (Kilmarnock website says 181)
200     Tranent v Motherwell B
157     Albion Rovers v Tranent
116     Dundee B v Buckie
107     Hibs B v Formartine
   98     Uni of Stirling v Livingston B

231     Edinburgh City v East Kilbride
119     Hibs B v TNS

Rangers B 4-1 Alloa yesterday.

Rangers B v Airdrie in R4 delayed 3.5 weeks: SPFL Trust Trophy R4 fixture details | SPFL

Rangers are really taking the piss in this comp. They are not even in a league now. Had the Alloa game moved due to international call ups but expect a part time team to play the tie mid-week which means mucking up their training & have players do a days work before playing a full time team that have all day to prepare. Hopefully Airdrie take care of them but if not members of a qualifying league they should not get a place in the comp

Edited by peternapper

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/09/2023 at 11:26, peternapper said:

Rangers are really taking the piss in this comp. They are not even in a league now. Had the Alloa game moved due to international call ups but expect a part time team to play the tie mid-week which means mucking up their training & have players do a days work before playing a full time team that have all day to prepare. Hopefully Airdrie take care of them but if not members of a qualifying league they should not get a place in the comp

Yeah total farce but hey at least the Airdire fans can’t lose with them playing their big team