TV programmes that would have been improved with the inclusion of swearwords

Richey Edwards

Songs of Praise. 

57 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Brum

My mate Jo was in an episode of Brum, she played the mum in 'Brum and the Mouse' but she gets really annoyed whenever I mention it, or when I used to copy youtube links of it on her facebook page whenever her birthday rolled around.......

Edited by IncomingExile

Any American police procedural. You've got hardened criminals, rapists, mafiosi, serial killers and supposed hard boiled cops who have seen it all. Yet when they are in the interrogation room or about to have a shootout, it's all "by gosh", "that's bs", "what in tar nation" and the like. Absolutely mental how American network tv won't allow any swearing but they are happy enough showing folk getting mowed down in machine gun fire.

1. Sportscene: "f**k off Liam, nobody cares how this will affect Rangers"
  2. Emmerdale Farm: "Nay Mr Wilks, t'was not I caught buggering the Sugden's livestock!"
  3. I Claudius: "IS THERE ANYONE IN ROME WHO HAS NOT FUCKED MY DAUGHTER?!"
  4. Are You Being Served?: just for the episode where Mrs Slocombe finally breaks down and confesses she's been trying to get someone to shag her for a decade
  5. Blankety Blank: "Last week, Neil Kinnock amazed Margaret Thatcher by whipping out his <blank> in parliament, along with his cock"

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Biker Mice From Mars

Fireman Sam

The Clangers

The Magic Roundabout

Brum

I heard in the radio years ago that the Clangers used to have a full script that was used for the swannee whistle player to follow. The scripts were always checked, but the odd "oh bugger" etc slipped through. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/dec/12/how-kids-tv-clangers-secretly-swore-oliver-postgate-scripts

Edited by Soapy FFC
Link to story

Crackerjack - "You've won a fucking Crackerjack pencil."

Blue Peter - "f**k me, John, Shep's shat on the floor."

Bullseye - "Here's what you could have fucking won."

The Lone Ranger - "We're fucking surrounded, Tonto." "What do you mean 'we'. White Man"

BBC News - "Here's the fucking headlines."

The Repair Shop….

’Next is Lucy from Bedfordshire with a much-loved family heirloom in need of the attention of woodwork expert Will Kirk’.

’What would you like me to do with it Lucy?’

’Fcuking fix it, cunto’.

Football coverage. Instead of apologising for something we might have heard, lean out the ******* commentary box and tell them to *******@ shut it, there's weans watching and we don't want all their mothers greeting at Points Of View.

Also, Points of View.