Titanic II

Seeing the title of this thread made me think the movie Titanic.

Not that one.  The animated sequel.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_the_Titanic 

Featuring animals. It corrects a few wrongs about the Titanic voyage:

• The Titanic sank because an octopus called Tentacles was tricked into an iceberg throwing contest by a group of sharks
  • A mouse managed to keep the telegraph wires active by attaching them to his moustache after the split
  • A guilt ridden Tentacles managed to hold the ship together and give people enough time to get onto lifeboats and help prevent anybody from dying. 
  • Tentacles went down with the ship and is seen at the bottom of the ocean deceased.
  • Tentacles magically reappears at the end having survived

Well worth watching the Nostaglia Critics review of this. There's 2 other animated Titanic movies but this is my favourite. The entire film is also on Youtube if you have nothing better to do for 90 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Attaching a cable is a bad idea because if it breaks or gets snagged the submarine has the large amount of additional weight and would be stranded.

Think their ROV is the potential help.

Unsnag/cut loose/etc.

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'm surprised that no one has brought in these guys that magnet fish canals, just need a longer rope.

The Titan is made of carbon-fibre and titanium, rather than steel, so it would evade your magnet fishermen even if they had a big enough rope.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the very first carbon-fibre hulled deep sea submersible, so this was a bit of an experimental voyage for all concerned.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Attaching a cable is a bad idea because if it breaks or gets snagged the submarine has the large amount of additional weight and would be stranded.

The cable I was talking about is the one that tethers the ROV to the mothership and supplies power and communication to control it.