Weirdos

Just passing Ingliston on the bus the now and the place is hoaching with fermer types polluting the atmosphere with their big stupid cars. 

Reminds me of going by train to the fitba when the Leuchars airshow thingmy event was on and not being able to get a seat. 

Should weirdo events be banned, or would this put lower division Scottish fitba at risk? 

33 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Just passing Ingliston on the bus the now and the place is hoaching with fermer types polluting the atmosphere with their big stupid cars. 

Reminds me of going by train to the fitba when the Leuchars airshow thingmy event was on and not being able to get a seat. 

Should weirdo events be banned, or would this put lower division Scottish fitba at risk? 

I won a hat by doing the Pepsi challenge at the "Highland" Show at Ingliston in 1987. And they had some very nice coos. 

It's a no from me. 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Studying computer science at uni I have many anecdotes of people who’d typically be classed as “a weirdo”. Some of the shit they done or said still makes me laugh so keep them all I say 

If you learned how to create Kelly LeBrock then its cool.

8 hours ago, Venti said:

Dressed up as a chick (actual bird) for a play at Elementary school when we were in the US.

Still think I'm due therapy for it.

Shoulda seen my kids Elementary School kazoo recital…Giraffe masks, Lion masks, Gorilla masks, Antelope masks, and Elephant masks. The panic when they realized the two African-American kids both had Gorilla masks on was something to behold.

10 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Fermers: Tories mostly but ok

Airshows: Something for the kids to look at. OK. 

Classic car rallies: Ma da' had one of them. But rustier. OK

Bigoted marches remembering Irish battles to make scum feel slightly better about themselves: Ban. 

44 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Shoulda seen my kids Elementary School kazoo recital…Giraffe masks, Lion masks, Gorilla masks, Antelope masks, and Elephant masks. The panic when they realized the two African-American kids both had Gorilla masks on was something to behold.

Just need to jump in the DeLorean & teach them Lion King.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

I really need to read things properly, missing out the "i" makes a huge difference to the reading of that. 

I was at the Royal Highland Show yesterday, it’s a grea family day out. My boy loves all the machinery and animals and there are loads of good stalls and the big wheel etc. enjoyable day, a bit sunny for this country though!

My son loves machinery and trains and when we were in holiday in England last year we saw a steam fair advertised so we got tickets and went along. Some amazing 19th century steam engines had been restored by enthusiasts, amazing skill and dedication. Some pretty odd people there - loads of guys with the steam engine they clearly love more than anything and long suffering wives in tow. There was also a section for historical re-enactment people, majority of whom were dressed as SS officers. That’s a pastime that needs a mandatory register.

Edited by ICTChris

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I was at the Royal Highland Show yesterday, it’s a grea family day out. My boy loves all the machinery and animals and there are loads of good stalls and the big wheel etc. enjoyable day, a bit sunny for this country though!

My son loves machinery and trains and when we were in holiday in England last year we saw a steam fair advertised so we got tickets and went along. Some amazing 19th century steam engines had been restored by enthusiasts, amazing skill and dedication. Some pretty odd people there - loads of guys with the steam engine they clearly love more than anything and long suffering wives in tow. There was also a section for historical re-enactment people, majority of whom were dressed as SS officers. That’s a pastime that needs a mandatory register.

Can't beat getting steaming at the weekend

37 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

As long as you got the bus or the tram to get there Chris, I'll let you off. 

No wellies, barbour jackets or voting Tory allowed though. 

On 24/06/2023 at 11:58, Cosmic Joe said:

Seems the easy solution here is to not go to Edinburgh and you'll avoid about 70% of Scotland's weirdo events with ease.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Seems the easy solution here is to not go to Edinburgh and you'll avoid about 70% of Scotland's weirdo events with ease.  

I quite enjoyed the Pride event and the Windrush exhibition. 

I've also outed myself as a Weirdo I realise.