SFA South Region Challenge Cup 2023-2024

18 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

The point you made was that the Junior Cup was optional.

The point I made was that it wasn't for SJFA members.

Kello Rovers opted out of the Junior Cup a couple of seasons back, but they didn't get into the Demolition Cup.

I believe they were fined for opting out and suspended from the following seasons cup.

But being an SJFA member is optional.

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They were in the Junior Cup though. Drawn away to Shotts Bon Accord in the 2nd round and then scratched from the competition.

If they hadn't been in the Junior Cup draw that season they presumably would have been included in that year's Strathclyde Cup. Just like last season when serving the suspension from the Junior Cup.

I don't recall them being in the Strathclyde Cup.

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They didn't scratch. They were removed after the West found out they were still members of the SJFA and should not have been in the draw.

2 hours ago, Casper Wilson said:

The point you made was that the Junior Cup was optional.

The point I made was that it wasn't for SJFA members..

As I mentioned earlier, I don't see anywhere in the SJFA Constitution that says participation in the Scottish Junior Cup is mandatory for SJFA members. However, I don't see any reason why a club would be a member of the SJFA and not participate in the SJC.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

As I mentioned earlier, I don't see anywhere in the SJFA Constitution that says participation in the Scottish Junior Cup is mandatory for SJFA members. However, I don't see any reason why a club would be a member of the SJFA and not participate in the SJC.

Surely if they get fined and banned from the next seasons cup means it's mandatory.

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Why is it amazing ? The Scottish Junior Cup is not a competition under the remit of the WoSFL Management.

Don't need to be on the WOSFL Committee to know what happened to Kello. As I already pointed out.

But that doesn't fit with your arguement. 

15 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Don't need to be on the WOSFL Committee to know what happened to Kello. As I already pointed out.

But that doesn't fit with your arguement. 

You're looking for a conspiracy theory here that doesn't exist. I don't know if Kello were fined and banned from the SJC last season, I am not involved with the running of that competition. My club only rejoined the SJFA last summer, so we were not in attendance at the AGM last year as our membership had not yet been ratified. If you know more than I do, that's fair enough.

I don't have an "argument". I'm giving you facts that I am aware of to try to be helpful, and admitting honestly where there are gaps in my knowledge and why these gaps exist.

There is no need to point fingers because of that.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

You're looking for a conspiracy theory here that doesn't exist. I don't know if Kello were fined and banned from the SJC last season, I am not involved with the running of that competition. My club only rejoined the SJFA last summer, so we were not in attendance at the AGM last year as our membership had not yet been ratified. If you know more than I do, that's fair enough.

I don't have an "argument". I'm giving you facts that I am aware of to try to be helpful, and admitting honestly where there are gaps in my knowledge and why these gaps exist.

There is no need to point fingers because of that.

Touchy!

Perhaps P&B is not the place for you.

22 hours ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

I believe you're talking rubbish my friend. We rested about 8 players at the weekend because it's the lowest priority. I can assure you the junior cup is our highest priority cup along with staying in the prem.

Believe all you want, i aint gonna stop you from what you believe.

When you say WE rested, trust me, you have no input on the Gartcairn team, neither does the Committee, its the manager and coaching staff who decide.
I'm sure you can assure me the the junior cup is the highest priority cup but that's in your eyes and certain Gartcairn committee members but, lets just say, its aint in the eyes of the manager or the coaching staff.
The manager / coaching staff were not even asked for their input regarding entering the Junior cup this year, they found out when it was announced.  If they had any input, i believe they would not have entered it.

Rested 8 players lolol, many were injured for the match and I was informed only Monday afternoon that they hoped to have a couple back for training but there will be still a few out longer.  With a free Saturday coming up then this will help the injured players for the following Saturday in the junior cup, (think its the junior) but if beaten against KRR they wont be too bothered if being honest.

I'm not meaning it to be derogatory but to the management and coaching staff, the junior cup aint their priority cup, and that was before losing to Uni Stirling or after.   Every single person has their own views of the junior cup, you, I and all on here but when i read your post I knew it was so wrong and misinformed.