Women's World Cup 2023

Swarley

12 minutes ago, ArabGaz said:

The first three pelanties were truly some of the worst/funniest you’ll ever see. To be fair though the last three England ones were crackers.

I take it you didn't watch the Sweden/USA penalties. More misses than hits for both teams. The winning penalty is the most bizarre and hilarious ever.

Was thinking that England really got away with that one but apart from hitting the bar twice, I only remember Earps really having one save to make in the 120 minutes. 

They're going to win this thing now aren't they but without the golden girl?

Mainly annoyed I didn't get the chance to post this gif. Got a bet on Japan making the final though so the more games that go to energy sapping ET and penalties for potential opponents the better.

king-of-boys-wow.gif

16 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I take it you didn't watch the Sweden/USA penalties. More misses than hits for both teams. The winning penalty is the most bizarre and hilarious ever.

No but just watched it on your recommendation. Great stuff. I know very little about womens football but the US team seem really smug and smarmy so delighted to see them papped out by the tiniest of margins.

I get When Saturday Comes magazine every month, and so far their pre-tourney prediction for England has been spot on. They reckoned it would be a big struggle for them with the players they have missing through injury, with others who performed well as subs at the Euros now propelled into the starting Xi.

I haven’t watched much of this World Cup because I’ve been working and then on holiday. Flicked on the Australia-Denmark game at 89 minutes and by the 92nd, fucking Robot Wars had mentioned England four separate times. I watched the England game earlier, they were absolutely shite. 

Three photos from last night. This was our first game of the tournament and my son's first Matildas game. Biggest crowd I've ever been in but it was surprising how little atmosphere there was. The Aussies don't really do singing or chanting. Decent win and hopefully we get to see them again at Stadium Australia in the Semi Final.

mini-DSC_2273.JPG

mini-DSC_2267.JPG

mini-DSC_2262.JPG

20 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Biggest crowd I've ever been in but it was surprising how little atmosphere there was. The Aussies don't really do singing or chanting. Decent win and hopefully we get to see them again at Stadium Australia in the Semi Final.

Always good to start off with a winning game. Noticed that the crowd was the exact same size as the opening group game v Ireland (75,784). Bit of a coincidence or maybe it’s the new limit after stadium renovations.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Always good to start off with a winning game. Noticed that the crowd was the exact same size as the opening group game v Ireland (75,784). Bit of a coincidence or maybe it’s the new limit after stadium renovations.

Yeah some creative accounting going on there! It certainly wasn't full. There were 5 or 6 seats right next to us empty, some in front, some behind. I've tickets for the Quarter final on Saturday but its England and there's no way I can sit and watch "them" play. Even if I'm supporting Colombia/Jamaica.

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Yeah some creative accounting going on there! It certainly wasn't full. There were 5 or 6 seats right next to us empty, some in front, some behind. I've tickets for the Quarter final on Saturday but its England and there's no way I can sit and watch "them" play. Even if I'm supporting Colombia/Jamaica.

What did they charge for last night and the QF?  

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

What did they charge for last night and the QF?  

I applied for Stadium passes when the tickets first went on sale, before the draw was made. Picked Olympic Park because it was the Final and other knock out games. I was also surprised at how cheap the tickets were. I pay these kinds of prices for A-League dross!

Last 16 - Adult $40, Kid $20
Quarter - Adult $50, Kid $25
Semi - Adult $70, Kid $35
Final - Adult $80, Kid $40

Really wanted to go to the games at Allianz (SFS) but personal circumstances meant I couldn't.