#Barclays 23/24

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

After 15 games last season Spurs had scored 29, conceded 22 and sat 5th on 26 points

Now they’ve scored 29, conceded 22 and sit 5th on 27 points

That just shows how good he is. Same goals for and against but he's squeezed an extra point out of it. 

57 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Pleasing to see the con man Postegoclu being found out. No amount of false passive aggressive 'ok mate' bonhomie will disguise the fact that he's a poor one-dimensional apology of a manager . 

I don’t think he’s a fraud tbh. Anyone who regularly watches the top tier of Scottish football understands that winning the league with Celtic is pretty unremarkable. He’s landed on his feet getting a huge salary at Spurs.

I reckon you could put a manager from any club in the top 4 leagues in Scotland in charge of Celtic and they’d still win the league.

27 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think he’s a fraud tbh. Anyone who regularly watches the top tier of Scottish football understands that winning the league with Celtic is pretty unremarkable. He’s landed on his feet getting a huge salary at Spurs.

I reckon you could put a manager from any club in the top 4 leagues in Scotland in charge of Celtic and they’d still win the league.

It always happens.  Walter Smith wasn't great at Everton because he didn't have a massive monetary advantage over everyone else.  Gerrard was average at Villa too. I think they were both low 30s for winning percentages in England. Winning the league as Rangers or Celtic manager is actually bad for your CV, weirdly.

10 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

After 15 games last season Spurs had scored 29, conceded 22 and sat 5th on 26 points

Now they’ve scored 29, conceded 22 and sit 5th on 27 points

Deserving of an Alan Pardew style 8-year contract extension, imo.

They were top of the league about 4 games ago until half a dozen players got injured/suspended. This place was full of people lauding him up a month ago.

The chat on this thread is awful. If it isn’t page after page of “BARCLAYS” it’s page after page of any manager who lost their most recent game being called a fraud.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

They were top of the league about 4 games ago until half a dozen players got injured/suspended. This place was full of people lauding him up a month ago.

The chat on this thread is awful. If it isn’t page after page of “BARCLAYS” it’s page after page of any manager who lost their most recent game being called a fraud.

Nobody who had any knowledge of his time at Celtic was lauding him. We all knew he wasn't/isn't good enough for a top European league.

20 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Look mate, this is a banter page. If you don't like banter maybe stick to the SPHell threads.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What a totally random and inoffensive post to red dot, @2426255. Especially since I said I was wrong 2 posts later and the TV evidence showed it was very tight indeed. Still, if it gives you pleasure I guess why not. Have a nice day.

Sorry mate, I saw after I red-dotted that you'd made a later reply. I've balanced it off.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

People that regularly watch Scottish top flight football weren’t lauding him.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It always happens.  Walter Smith wasn't great at Everton because he didn't have a massive monetary advantage over everyone else.  Gerrard was average at Villa too. I think they were both low 30s for winning percentages in England. Winning the league as Rangers or Celtic manager is actually bad for your CV, weirdly.

Gerrard was hopeless.

4 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Nobody who had any knowledge of his time at Celtic was lauding him. We all knew he wasn't/isn't good enough for a top European league.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

People that regularly watch Scottish top flight football weren’t lauding him.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's not an achievement to win any domestic competition as Rangers or Celtic manager.  The only people lauding him on here were Celtic fans.

Searching this thread for “Ange” throws up plenty of posts from non Celtic fans on here giving him plaudits up until about a month ago.

Including, oh I don’t know, our very own @TheScarf:

On 04/09/2023 at 10:23, TheScarf said:

To be fair, ten Hag does seem like a very average manager.  Probably not helped by the worst Man United squad in 30 odd years.  Look at what 'Ange' has managed with Spurs in about 8 weeks working with them.  And that's with losing a guy who is guaranteed to get you at least 30 goals a season.

ten Hag hasn't improved United one iota since he's been their manager.

I await your grovelling retractions with great anticipation.

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's not an achievement to win any domestic competition as Rangers or Celtic manager.  The only people lauding him on here were Celtic fans.

And as far as I remember when Celtic fans, apart from the hardcore nutters, were praising him it was as much for a particular style of football rather than just getting three points in Livingston 

at Spurs he has already gained a reputation for doing things differently, for having his own style. Were I a pretentious pseudo intellectual twat I might describe him as being hailed as a football auteur. And I am so I will

Of course turning up with an approach that opponents aren’t used to dealing with can work strongly in your favour. Greece won the European Championship doing it but eventually people see it coming and at least some of them will figure out how to counter it and unlike in Scotland if Ange’s opponents come up with a plan now they will generally have the tools to implement it

His injury worries will ease and he’ll freshen the squad to be more suited to what he wants to play but that will be balanced against opponents developing their understanding of what they’re up against 

20 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I think it's fair to say that Gerrard was piss poor at Villa.