#Barclays 23/24

Cheese

21 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Three whole posts during the "box office" fixture between Man City and Chelsea. Greatest league in the world though. 

Palmer looked class in the highlights. Rodri crying about the referee will always be funny. Pep's performative protestations were pissing me off. 

Sorry I was getting drunk after watching real football 

But it was on in the background while we were deconstructing Calem Niuuwenhof’s Hearts career 

But it should suffice to say that Chelsea being a total wild card who could take points off anybody but can also lose heavily to just about anybody is a great addition to the TV format

18 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

More bad defending from Walker, he's got to be in thin ice.

17 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Raheem Sterling was going to do nothing else there but try and get onto his right foot.  

Teams are probably targeting Walker at this point. 2 similar goals conceded to Newcastle recently too. He relies on getting across very quickly but usually overcooks it and can't put the brakes on in time.

12 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Catching up on MOTD and how the f**k did VAR decide that Notts Forest shouldn’t have had a penalty for that trip on Williams. It’s a stonewaller.

Apparently they've just appointed Mark Clattenburg as a referee analyst. Not sure that's going to help much.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

What an absolute twat Mason Holgate. 13 minutes in and absolutely flying over the ball for a well deserved red. 

Unbelievable challenge, he doesn't even get close to playing the ball with the foot he is making the challenge with, the ball hits his standing foot.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Unbelievable challenge, he doesn't even get close to playing the ball with the foot he is making the challenge with, the ball hits his standing foot.

The absolute definition of "letting your teammates down"

I am only watching this game because I am stuck on a train, and now I’m wondering if there is a more ‘I would only watch this game if I was bored on public transport’ fixture in the current Premier League than Sheffield United v Brighton.

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Sheffield United may have beaten Derby's points total but they are probably the worst team in the Barclay's since then

Huddersfield were worse than this mob. 

Norwich have also had several pathetic Barclays seasons in the recent past. 

8 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Right, I forgot how rank Huddersfield were when they went down. I would say this Sheff U team is in that category 

You forgot about them because they were so bland. 

At least this Sheffield United team are a laugh.