#Barclays 23/24

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Ten Hag carries the can, but what is McLaren for, he seems to just hang about looking a bit dim?

translator

13 hours ago, virginton said:

They're probably also appointing him based on a previous track record in management that led to him being appointed as... checks notes... Spain and Real Madrid manager. 

There's no guarantee when choosing a manager, but Lopetegui has a far, far higher ceiling of potential ability than Moyes. Just as Unai Emery was a coup for Aston Villa despite 'failing' in England previously.

Possibly. I just remember him getting slated most weeks in the press. 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Nottingham Forest appeal rejected. Four point deduction stands. 

Rightly so. And I say that as a Forest fan. Ridiculous appeal.

I know the idea of dignity and Nottingham Forest have been pretty alien since Marinakis took over but if they'd any dignity at all they should have accepted the original punishment without appeal and got on with it.

Need another point or possibly even three against either Chelsea or Burnley now, though Tottenham (v Burnley), and West ham or Fulham (v Luton) can do the job for us without another point.

EDIT - Of course we might be safe already but for VAR shenanigans.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Rightly so. And I say that as a Forest fan. Ridiculous appeal.

I know the idea of dignity and Nottingham Forest have been pretty alien since Marinakis took over but if they'd any dignity at all they should have accepted the original punishment without appeal and got on with it.

Need another point or possibly even three against either Chelsea or Burnley now, though Tottenham (v Burnley), and West ham or Fulham (v Luton) can do the job for us without another point.

EDIT - Of course we might be safe already but for VAR shenanigans.

The way West Ham and Chelsea are playing at the minute I think the battle for 17th/18th will go to the last day. Chelsea look to finally be improving and should win at the City ground whereas West Ham players have completely mailed it in on Moyes. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Luton get a result at West Ham.

Burnley will probably be relegated this weekend. As awful as Tottenham are playing just now, I can’t see Burnley having the quality to go an win there on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

The way West Ham and Chelsea are playing at the minute I think the battle for 17th/18th will go to the last day. Chelsea look to finally be improving and should win at the City ground whereas West Ham players have completely mailed it in on Moyes. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Luton get a result at West Ham.

Burnley will probably be relegated this weekend. As awful as Tottenham are playing just now, I can’t see Burnley having the quality to go an win there on Saturday.

Not so sure. As occasionally ropy as Forest can be, their home record is good.  I don't think it's anywhere near a given that Chelsea will win there albeit I appreciate their current form is very good. A point will be enough to take Burnley out of the picture, as of course would Burnley not winning at Tottenham. Hopefully if they are down anyway the last week is a much easier task for Forest.

I think West Ham will have a point to prove this weekend in their last home game but you never know. Wins for Luton, Chelsea and Burnley will make for an incredible last weekend.

Just very frustrating that Forest were denied three penalties at Everton, lost a point to the last minute Liverpool nonsense and three when they had to play 80 minutes against Bournemouth with 10 men thanks to another awful refereeing decision that wasn't reviewable. Even leaving referees out of it they should have had something off Manchester City a week ago. Of course all clubs will have some sort of similar tale. Burnley would be closer if their keeper hadn't recently chcuked two in his own net. I seem to recall a farcical early season penalty against Luton for handball.

Big weekend ahead anyway.

I thought Forest would have got 2 or maybe just 1 point reinstated. But I still don't think they will be relegated.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I thought Forest would have got 2 or maybe just 1 point reinstated. But I still don't think they will be relegated.

Even if Forest lose twice, I can't see Luton getting the four points they'd need.  

9 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A great thing about the #Barclays is that anyone can get involved. Just pick a team you like and instantly be #Barclays'd. 

image.png.f4253e67326cad5b3d7b6c1362eacf81.png

Why pick a team when you can just support the league

1000_F_265434472_lFtlQmgxHdQq5w0gNklcz8lAf15vxCeZ.jpg

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A great thing about the #Barclays is that anyone can get involved. Just pick a team you like and instantly be #Barclays'd. 

image.png.f4253e67326cad5b3d7b6c1362eacf81.png

I always quite liked Alexi Lalas and Twitter is famously in financial trouble 

Maybe @Div could put in a cheeky little bid to get him to transfer from X to P&B. 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

42 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I always quite liked Alexi Lalas and Twitter is famously in financial trouble 

Maybe @Div could put in a cheeky little bit to get him to transfer from X to P&B. 

Bryan is probably already on here.

Well I know UEFA will be happy tonight. All this new 'FFP' eurowokery has been specifically designed to clip the wings of our clubs in Europe. I'm just sorry to see Villa - a proper club - caught up in it all.

Sheffield United win the Greek Liga by about 10 points.

48 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Well I know UEFA will be happy tonight. All this new 'FFP' eurowokery has been specifically designed to clip the wings of our clubs in Europe. I'm just sorry to see Villa - a proper club - caught up in it all.

Sheffield United win the Greek Liga by about 10 points.

Germans in two finals as well.  Remind me, who won the bloody war.