#Barclays 23/24

Cheese

See that "it's slowed down so it looks worse" patter.... Get tae f**k. Slowing it doesn't change the tackle. That one was high, studs up, nowhere near the ball and from the back. I have no idea why, in the VAR age where reviewing contentious decisions is the literal point, that he doesn't end up with a red there.

A ref giving a yellow is 100% understandable. But a review of that tackle reveals it to be a leg breaker. 

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

This top of the table clash is pure shite, when was the last time these top teams had a decent game? Passing sideways and sweeper keeper is guff.

The top of the table clash I watched yesterday was much better than this 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

See that "it's slowed down so it looks worse" patter.... Get tae f**k. Slowing it doesn't change the tackle. That one was high, studs up, nowhere near the ball and from the back. I have no idea why, in the VAR age where reviewing contentious decisions is the literal point, that he doesn't end up with a red there.

A ref giving a yellow is 100% understandable. But a review of that tackle reveals it to be a leg breaker. 

This. Kovacic has gone in from the back, dived in, completely missed the ball and hit his ankle when Odegaards foot was planted. It's more forceful, more deliberate, more reckless and more dangerous than Jones one last week. 

2 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

This. Kovacic has gone in from the back, dived in, completely missed the ball and hit his ankle when Odegaards foot was planted. It's more forceful, more deliberate, more reckless and more dangerous than Jones one last week. 

The "ah but they've slowed it down and made it look worse!!!!" Brigade are peak moron tbh. Skys mob are borderline Sportsound levels these days. Fully expecting an impassioned rant  about how these decisions are being made by people who haven't even played the game! soon

16 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

This top of the table clash is pure shite, when was the last time these top teams had a decent game? Passing sideways and sweeper keeper is guff.

I may have jinxed this.

Attended a turgid 0-0 yesterday then came home and ended up flicking between two games, both of which ended 0-0.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The "ah but they've slowed it down and made it look worse!!!!" Brigade are peak moron tbh. Skys mob are borderline Sportsound levels these days. Fully expecting an impassioned rant  about how these decisions are being made by people who haven't even played the game! soon

Has slowing it down ever made a challenge look better, least in a pundit's eyes?

You never seem to hear it that way round

2 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I'm no expert but I don't think you can win The Barclays with guff like Eddie Nketiah at centre forward. 

That's a problem for them too. But regression from last season against a slightly poorer City team would be a pretty significant failure from Arteta